Sign in to follow this  
Axgrinder

6/5 CALL FOR PILOTS

I will run two sessions this Saturday! One will run from 2-5pm EST and the other will run from 8-11pm EST.

Please have Teamspeak up and running for these sessions. I will give out the host IP over teamspeak.

The only other aircraft used in these sessions besides stock will be the Gotha and the Zeppelin.

If there are enough pilots in either session I will run a team dogfight along with some co-op missions.

See you then! Remember-

AXGRINDER WANTS YOU! :minigun:

Bala signing in for the 2pm EST session (that'll be 7pm in the UK I guess)

Let's hope we get an even better turnout than last week, esp from the European guys here. With MadMatts installer - it's going to be soo easy for you to join us (and it is well well worth it:)

Tally Ho chaps!

I should be able to make one of the two sessions although its possible i may have to do some travel this weekend and then wouldn't be back until Sunday.

Ax, I sent you a PM, hopefully you got it as I need to get some more files from you to add to my autoinstaller.

Thanks!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

I should be able to make one of the two sessions although its possible i may have to do some travel this weekend and then wouldn't be back until Sunday.

Ax, I sent you a PM, hopefully you got it as I need to get some more files from you to add to my autoinstaller.

Thanks!

Madmatt

I would like to get in, but tried one of the last and still can't get in. I am wondering if it is firewall or router problem. ?? Though I never have had that problem in many months of flying other virtual online sims, I was told that it might be different. I still appreciate the help I have received but I am so disapointed. I know almost nothing about firewalls and port forwarding, and am very, very stressed about making changes to my computer that works so well with FSX and FS9. Any ideas? RAS

Ras, when you try and connect to a hosted game, what error are you seeing specifically? Or are you not even getting that far?

My recommendation would be to join up on Teamspeak during one of our planned MP sessions and then you usually have several people online that can talk you through what you need to do.

By and large, as long as you are simply JOINING a hosted game, you should not normally have to make any changes to your firewall or router or do any port forwarding. That type of thing is usually only required if you want to HOST a game so others can connect to you.

Madmatt

Ras, when you try and connect to a hosted game, what error are you seeing specifically? Or are you not even getting that far?

My recommendation would be to join up on Teamspeak during one of our planned MP sessions and then you usually have several people online that can talk you through what you need to do.

By and large, as long as you are simply JOINING a hosted game, you should not normally have to make any changes to your firewall or router or do any port forwarding. That type of thing is usually only required if you want to HOST a game so others can connect to you.

Madmatt

was on the tutorial and teamspeak last Saturday I think it was and Ax and others were there but we couldn't figure it out. The very first time I had the message that I had a mismatch in planes. I had the right version but not the latest hardcore damage model . So installed and had it all current (so we think) and kept getting the message that connection to internet failied. I have high speed cable. We tired a variety of things. A thought was also that something with the udisel (???) was not correct or the game was not installed correctly. But I have played missions offline, as well as many dozens of hours in campaign mode and QC so I don't have a problem with off line flying.

ras...are you on vista?

only reason i ask is lot of pilots get a message to keep blocking or unblock directgame8 or something like that, but the message window is always behind the game window, so they dont get to see it...

thats an excellent point Duck! I'm on Vista and the first time I tried to join your game there was indeed that pop-up message. Ctrl-alt-deleting to get back to the desktop crashed my game, and THATS when you said to use the CFS3 MP shortcut (so you can get to desktop with no probs). Did that and unblocked the game - never had a problem since.

Certainly try that Ras, it MAY be the answer!

Good luck

ras...are you on vista?

only reason i ask is lot of pilots get a message to keep blocking or unblock directgame8 or something like that, but the message window is always behind the game window, so they dont get to see it...

No, not on Vista. But when I first get up the MP screen where you see the medals and etc (whether I access it thru the CFS3 shortcut or the OFF manager, my screen "flickers" it is "shaking"...which tells me something mighe be wrong that others have not seen yet? I hate to do a whole new install but may have to reconsider

ras,,,just how are you getting your internet? dsl,,,cable,,,,fios,,,and,,,if you could find the mfg and model of modem and/or router

almost 7pm. on TS, ready to go!

great fun as always! thanks for hosting Ax and Matt.

Next time, I will REALLY REALLY try hard not to land prematurely in every mission (yes, I did indeed manage to land my Gotha in the sea) :(((

thanks again, take care :)

8pm session is up! I will give the IP over TS.

Sorry, I couldn't make the night session, but the morning one was a good time. Hopefully next time I'll remember to put my eyeballs in before I climb into the cockpit and be able to see von Baur. :biggrin: Thanks for the host.

-Rooster

Edited by Rooster89

GREAT SHOT DUCK!!!! I really like the bomber training mission.

Great time guys....thanks

gallery_45808_317_132928.jpeg

Great shot DUCK! Was that after I had my ahhhh,"Kamikazee" experience with that destroyer? oops, wrong theater of war eh? I hate to admit this but at one point I was actually dogfighting with my shadow on the water before I realized it was just my own shadow!!! What a wast of ammo...lol

Joker

lol..so what was your first clue joker,,,,when you were shooting it up and not getting hits,,,or was it when you hit the water?