Sign in to follow this  
Olham

I'm going on leave, 2

A visit to my native homeland Ostfriesland (mother and sister still live there) got postponed

since before Christmas again and again. But now I have to go, and it's booked.

Perhaps it will do my pilots good, to recover their strained nerves a bit in the salty breezes

at the north sea. But TWO weeks - man, it will be tough!

I'll travel on Saturday, so please send any gloating remarks before that day. Thank you. :cray:

Two weeks?! Man, you're going to get some serious withdrawal symptoms! Give me your address and I'll send you some medicine (maybe some Diazepam) to get you through the worst phase. :biggrin:

Seriously speaking, have fun. It's beautiful at the coast this time of year - if it doesn't rain all the time.

A change is as good as a rest!

I am enjoying a break from BHaH..... Because I know that I will enjoy it more after a rest from it!

Bit like eating cream cakes...lovely, but you shouldn't eat them until you feel sick

Another on leave? This bloody game is starting to take a fearful toll. How many of us left in seventeen months?

Let’s see now. We are going to have two OFF’ers on the continent, on holiday and I presume at the same time. Why don’t both of you meet at a designated spot and relive the Christmas truce of 1914 six months early? Preferably near where the front lines were then.

Just kidding of course

post-46217-1244122073_thumb.jpg

British and German troops meeting in No man's land during the unofficial truce

Hasse Wind - in Ostfriesland, you don't need tranquilizers. All is some two steps slower there,

and after 21 h you won't hear a car, where I live. Man, will I clean up over Wasquehal, when I'm back!

Widow? - I thought you had gone to Paris? If you go, visit the "Orangerie" (I think it was) with these

huge Monet paintings - very nice!

Hauksbee - my wings are on leave so often; I think I deserved it, too now!

Not bad, Jammer! But I wouldn't shoot at Widowmaker anyway (as long as he doesn't shoot at me, of course!).

In fact, I like Great Britain so much, I could even settle there (if they would have me). So, I'll ever only shoot

at them in sims - promised!

Yes...but the wonders of modern wireless connectivity! :)

So you're there? Send a pic please! You in front of a French WW1 fighter craft (there must be a museum)!

I'll check in on your Jasta for you while you're gone Olham. You never know, maybe that tricky Widowmaker isnt on vacation at all. He's just telling you that so you'll feel safe about leaving. And then he will tear you boys to pieces!

Have a good trip and enjoy yourself. Same goes for you Widowmaker.

-Rooster

Would be an honour, Rooster. Now you must only decide, which Jasta you join, as I have two carreers

going pretty good. One in Jasta 28w, Wasquehal, June 1, 1917; and one in Jasta 32b, Bantheville, in

October 1917. If you need more info, check my diary in "Reports from the front", please.

Of course, it would be an even greater honour, if you joined both.

Tomorrow, I will do two or three more sorties - before I will have really peaceful time on the country

side.

...before I will have really peaceful time on the country

Does that mean that you will not have internet access?