Sign in to follow this  
Madmatt

It's ready! The new Madmatt OFF Essential MP Files Autoinstaller

Well, it took me a little longer to test than I had planned, but I am proud to announce the availability of my all new OFF Essential MP File Autoinstaller.

This will take out all the hassle of downloading and installing some of the great add-ons that are needed to play on some of the Multiplayer Missions hosted everyday. I have also added 23 of the best (and most played) Multiplayer Missions so everyone will now have the same set of missions to host (and edit for those adventurous souls).

I have uploaded the file to Combat Ace and hopefully it will get approved soon. Once its ready, I think it will be located via this link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=9131

For those that can't wait, you can download it immediately from this shared site:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s2mijg

For those that don't know what this program does, let me recap.

When run it automatically detects your install location of OFF and will install the following mods and missions for you:

* A flyable Gotha (for use in MP missions)

* A flyable L30 Zeppelin (for use in MP missions)

* New searchlight effects (used in certain night Gotha missions)

* Provides a option to automatically download the OBD Optional v1.30c Hard Core Damage Model (in case you need it)

* Installs 23 Multiplayer compatible missions (some of the filenames were changed for spelling and consistentcy)

* Adds a special new weather template that's used by certain missions (makes very pretty skies in those missions!)

Future versions may add more options (for example installing new plane textures) or possibly even more in-game effects. Stay tuned for more!

See below for the official ReadMe and I certainly hope that this small contribution to OFF helps more people get into the incredible world of Multiplyer flying!

Madmatt

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Over Flanders Fields Essential Multiplayer Files Autoinstaller

June 3rd, 2009

Installer coded by Madmatt

PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT FULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!!!

Welcome, this simple little autoinstaller was designed to help ease some of the hassle some people have encountered in trying to get all the files they need to join some of the exciting Multiplayer games being hosted every week by members of the "Doves and Hawks" online squadron.

This program will install 3 separate sets of files that will allow you to also use the L30 Zeppelin, German Gotha Bomber and see the nice searchlights that are required to play some of the new MP missions that have been created recently.

JUST ADDED! This program now installs 23 new multiplayer compatible missions for your flying pleasure!

This program can be uninstalled at any time and will not affect your normal Single Player experience in OFF. It does NOT change any stock OFF files, it merely adds some new ones which are needed in some MP missions.

Since the "Doves and Hawks" members all play with the Optional Hardcore Damage Model v1.30 released by OBD Software, I have included the option to have this installer connect your web browser to that file. It will NOT install it for you, it merely links to the file online.

Please Note: This installer program will scan your aircraft folder and if it detects any older Gotha or Zeppelin files, it will delete them before it copies in the new ones. This is done to ensure everyone is using the SAME version of these files wherever possible. Be aware of this if you have custom Gotha or Zeppelin skins for instance because this installer will delete them. I recommend you back up those folders/files if you do have any custom Gotha or Zeppelin skins you don't want to lose.

How To Uninstall:

You can uninstall these new files one of two ways. You can use the standard Windows "Add or Remove Programs" option located under the Windows Control Panel or you can browse into the folder called "uninstall MP Essential Files" located in your "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" directory and double-click on the file called unis000.exe. This will uninstall the new MP files only. It will not uninstall your game.

Permission by all the original mod authors was obtained where possible and we thank them for their work.

Searchlight Mod:

Files originally provided by RAF_Louvert in his "Gotha's along the Thames" mission

Created by Eurofinn and www.groundcrew.com

Gotha:

Original Gmax model by Seacondor

texture mapping and skin by Capt. Winters

L30 Zeppelin:

Files originally uploaded on Sim-Outhouse website by british_eh but they have no credits included

Mission Credits: (I did rename some of the mission files to create and retain consistentcy):

PD-1

stump_jumper

Axgrinder

Mission Weather template file (used by some of the missions):

ghandi

Special thanks to the everyone that helped me with testing and assembling the files!

Edited by Madmatt

Hey man, might wanna delete the other two topics before the moderators do.

Edited by Jarhead1

Hey man, might wanna delete the other two topics before the moderators do.

Because when we do, we will say terrible things about you in the staff forum. :cool:

(Not really.)

And why would I do that? It's News, its a Mod, and it affects Multiplay. I figured posting it in all three relevant forums would ensure people heard about it. But if they don't want it posted like that I certainly understand. Your probably right though, just posting here would have been enough since its the *primary* forum and the one most read.

Madmatt

Its OK.

Since a couple people have already asked me, here is the list of the Missions now included. I did have to rename a few of the missions, so you may still see the older versions listed in your mission\training folder. You can just remove those old ones if you want. They won't hurt anything.

The entire 6 mission "Boys of 60" campaign

Axes Day to Lead

Axes Plea

Ax's Gauntlet Test

Biff Bomb Run Mission

Calaix Photo Recon

Fuel Train

Gotha Bombing Practice

Gotha's Along The Thames

High Altitude Mayhem

Italy Hanriots

Italy Strike

Rearm and Refuel

Roland Recon

The Ballon Buster's

Train Buster's

Wilhamshaven - The Coup de Grace

Zeppelins Over Paris

Oh, and in case you were wondering, all of those missions can also be played in single player "Mission" mode as well. Just click the Missions tab in your main game menu and they will now all be listed. While it's certainly fun to play missions alone in "single mode", they really shine when there are real people behind the controls of your wingmen and air enemies!

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

I've just down loaded it Matt so hope to see you soon,i'am on the other side of the pond ( GMT) so don't know if the time you fly will match up with me but i will try a.s.a.p...... :clapping:

Permission by all the original mod authors was obtained where possible and we thank them for their work.

No I don't mind you re-distributing my weather file, after all it was created to be used, and I don't want to come across as a hard ass, but next time you could try a little harder to get permission eh! it's not exactly difficult to find how to contact me via PM. :wink:

anyhow, anything that gets more people online can only be a good thing. hope it goes down well

Gandi

I've just down loaded it Matt so hope to see you soon,i'am on the other side of the pond ( GMT) so don't know if the time you fly will match up with me but i will try a.s.a.p...... :clapping:

red dog,

for the last couple weeks, we have been trying really hard to have some afternoon weekend sessions up so we can hook up with you pilots...

Cant say this is etched in stone, but belive axgrinder is planning an afternoon session saterday, for that exact purpose.

Hope you can make it..

No I don't mind you re-distributing my weather file, after all it was created to be used, and I don't want to come across as a hard ass, but next time you could try a little harder to get permission eh! it's not exactly difficult to find how to contact me via PM. :wink:

anyhow, anything that gets more people online can only be a good thing. hope it goes down well

Gandi

Since I had gotten permission to redistribute the Mission file that originally included your mod, I had assumed permission was also granted for your file. Sorry I didn't try and contact you personally. I did ask that everyone that sent me anything ENSURED they had the permission to do so. No insult was intended of course, just telling you that I did attempt to do my due dilligence as best as I could.

Having said that, looks like I spelled your name wrong in my credits list anyway, so I will rectify that in my next version. I also have gotten an early report that its possible one of Ax's missions may require a plane file that wasn't included. I will have to check this later on and if so, I will either remove that mission(s) or more than likely simply add the required new plane to my file list.

Madmatt

Edited by Madmatt

Since I had gotten permission to redistribute the Mission file that originally included your mod, I had assumed permission was also granted for your file. Sorry I didn't try and contact you personally. I did ask that everyone that sent me anything ENSURED they had the permission to do so. No insult was intended of course, just telling you that I did attempt to do my due dilligence as best as I could.

Having said that, looks like I spelled your name wrong in my credits list anyway, so I will rectify that in my next version. I also have gotten an early report that its possible one of Ax's missions may require a plane file that wasn't included. I will have to check this later on and if so, I will either remove that mission(s) or more than likely simply add the required new plane to my file list.

Madmatt

Thanks for all of your hard work Matt. We certainly appreciate it and also the other creators of the included files as well.

Joker.

Hey guys I have a small update to the reported issue with some of the Ax missions.

Two missions, 'Axes Gauntlet Test' and 'Axes Plea' require the installation of a custom Nieuport 17 that apparently Ax has been working on. That plane is NOT (yet?) included in my Autoinstaller and if you try and load either of those missions and you don't yet have that custom plane installed, you will get an error.

I will talk to Ax when I get a chance and see about including it in my next version. I guess I am going to have start numbering these puppies...

Madmatt

I'm in the UK and I've been having absolutely the greatest of fun playing the last two saturday evenings with our flyboys across the pond! They seem to be 5 hours behind us, so just factor in the time difference. The sessions last about 3-4hrs.

Our american friends have all been polite and friendly, and very patient with the inevitable questions. I think Ducky enjoys shooting me to bits over and over and over and over again, but hey - one day the worm will turn! lol

Ax has got a post up for this saturday - so you got a day to get TS and Matt's awesome utility installed. It is well worth it. Sign up today!! :)

red dog,

for the last couple weeks, we have been trying really hard to have some afternoon weekend sessions up so we can hook up with you pilots...

Cant say this is etched in stone, but belive axgrinder is planning an afternoon session saterday, for that exact purpose.

Hope you can make it..

Great stuff, i will keep watch.

Madmatt, great to have a common base for Multiplayer. That will certainly help people getting in. May I post your files also on Wings Of Honor in the OFF resources section?

Gremlin, you can post that file on WOH if you want but maybe it would be best to wait until my new version is ready. I want to fix a few things and maybe add a couple of new features first. I should have something ready in the next day or two.

Madmatt

Nice to see you're making it easy for multiplayer newbies to start flying OFF with other people. Such work is always appreciated. :good:

I'd like to give OFF MP a try someday, but the time difference between the continents and the length of the sessions (3-4 hours) unfortunately makes it very unlikely for me to find enough time to participate. :dntknw:

Nice to see you're making it easy for multiplayer newbies to start flying OFF with other people. Such work is always appreciated. :good:

I'd like to give OFF MP a try someday, but the time difference between the continents and the length of the sessions (3-4 hours) unfortunately makes it very unlikely for me to find enough time to participate. :dntknw:

We will try to have sessions that will be in the evening your time. If I start a game at 3pm my time (EST) it should be early enough for pilots from across the pond to join up for a couple of missions.

By the way - you do not have to fly the entire session! You can pop in for an hour or just one mission if you want.

REMEMBER - AXGRINDER WANTS YOU! :minigun:

This is cool! I just ordered a headset and a few new Cat5 cables to get my OFF computer hooked up to my modem. Hopefully I can get this all installed and look forward to trying this in about a week.