Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Strike Fighters 2: Europe Screenshots (flyable plane list, new features and goodies)

Can somebody take a screenshot of the Hunter F.mk51 I saw in the list. Please???

This shot might look peaceful - but this is me running for it with MiG-23s all over the place - they shot no end of missiles - and in that pic my rudder has been taken out - needless to say i didn't last much longer - there was a time when they would have just ignored me :)

This is one of those cases where it would be awesome if the AI actually had to pay attention to their fuel. What you did (running away at treetop level and full power) was the prescibed tactic for evading MiGs in the A-7. The Corsair was reasonably quick down there while still being fuel-efficient, and the MiGs would have had to use their afterburners to pursue, greatly limiting their ability to catch you.

Oh well. :biggrin:

NATO Fighters IV+

CF-104s of No. 427 Squadron streak low over the German countryside, 1968.

nf4plus1.JPG

uhm

that means that you are doing a port of NF to SF2E? :angel:

uhm

that means that you are doing a port of NF to SF2E? :angel:

But of course! :good:

Got the '62 and '68 planesets basically converted. I have one minor problem with Seasoned WOE that I need to get with Stary on. The main thing consuming time is converting all the weapons to the new system.

Merci à notre ami Suisse! Par contre, je trouve les markings un peu bizarres...

Thanks to our Swiss friend! By the way, am I the only one thinking that the french planes markings are quite strange? They are not like what I'm used to...

Je vous en prie. You're welcome. You're not alone with your thoughts abuot the markings. The same applies for the swiss markings, especially on hunters and the mirage. But im happy with it, 'cause Tw games are the only sims that let me fly in swiss markings! :wink:

It's markings hell...missing serial numbers, no tail letters, oversized and incorrect roundels, made a start here though...ah well. Gotta have something to do I guess...

gallery_28053_226_69914.jpg

Aye, its a Carnival of missing serial numbers! F-104s, etc. etc.

But of course! :good:

Got the '62 and '68 planesets basically converted. I have one minor problem with Seasoned WOE that I need to get with Stary on. The main thing consuming time is converting all the weapons to the new system.

Hey C5 what about the weapons pack Gunny did, aka 331 killerbee? He converted a good ton of weapons over to make them compatible with the new sims.

The new harriers are awesome! Been blowing the stuffing out of T-72's in GR.3's over the weekend, taking off and landing with vectored thrust is fantastic. That is until my flight get bounced by 8 MIG 23's then things get rapidly unfunny. Why is there never a flight F15's when you need one?

just a question in the real thing, the harrier gr mk3 RWR was it only a audio RWR?

According to the item on this page (pdf)

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/vie...20-%203054.html

at least later versions of AR 18223 RWR (aka Sky Guardian) had a display.

As for GR.3 I can't find any screen here

http://media.photobucket.com/image/harrier...R3cockpit01.jpg

Can anybody tell me if tanks normally show up as stationary targets? I just had an AR campaign mission and saw not only some trucks crawling about, but also a whole lot of tanks parked in the city. With crews by the look of it. :blink: Tanks' position was our mission waypoint but trucks still were the primary target.

We were just about to blast the armour when Two got ten hits by 14mm, lost his left rocket pod and guns, and found himself with 2 Fresco-D on his tail. After I helped the guy out (with rockets still under wings) and sent him home, I unloaded the rest of my ammo on trucks and left too. :pilotfly:

ARI 18223 mounted in the GR.3 was not audio only, they had the usual array of threat type lights. There wasnt a full vector-type display at first though, initially there was only a quadrant-based direction display...iirc... the Brits were always hush hush about that stuff ...

All that was mounted between HUD base and its crash pad/ slightly above.

Ah and Tanks.. thats normal since WOI, Tank units show up during campaign mission.. they are often targeted by other flights