Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Anything about Star Wars?

I just saw the original trilogy. Given that for the Thirdwire sims we have even Snoopy´s House and

strange models,and almost all aircraft ever in service, is there anything on fighters from StarWars ?

there are some Stargate models which came from, I think, the A-team if you're logged on with them.

No Stars Wars ones though that I know of.

It would be kinda cool if someone wanted to put the amount of effort into one for atmospheric flight. I'm not sure the flight engine would model right though.

there are some Stargate models which came from, I think, the A-team if you're logged on with them.

No Stars Wars ones though that I know of.

It would be kinda cool if someone wanted to put the amount of effort into one for atmospheric flight. I'm not sure the flight engine would model right though.

I saw the Stargate models, that´s where my idea came from. I think we could use FM from existing airplanes: Naboo N-1 Starfighter

for a F-5, ARC-170 for Phantom, TIE Starfighter for MiG-17, or X-Wing for Hornets :biggrin:

Thinking it better, WWII aircraft might do the best option

Edited by macelena

A long, time ago, in a flight sim far, far away...

I remember bpao showing some screenies of T/Fs over the Parani desert...., and some T-65s

wrench

kevin stein

Only the original trilogy is canon. Fie on the new stuff.

Only the original trilogy is canon. Fie on the new stuff.

The new stuff sucks,more like some kiddie version.Jar Jar instantly made the movies he was in nothing but a joke.

I would love to see some Star Wars stuff too. The thing that really annoyed me about the new stuff is its all aerodynamic and rounded. The old ships had style.

Its kinda like what happened to cars.

More than the new trilogy, what really peeved me was the remake of the cantina scene when they made out Greedo shot first and Han was just defending himself. He's a hardened smuggler for f**ks sake, why can't he take out the bad guy first? That's what I would have done in his position.

Edited for spelling!

Edited by allenjb42

More than the new trilogy, what really peeved me was the remake of the cantina scene when they made out Greedo shot first and Han was just defending himself. He's a hardened smuiggler for f**ks sake, why can't he take out the bad guy first? That's what I would have done in his position.

Agreed on the Cantina thing. Lucas' desire to rape men started with Han Solo and reached its ultimate expression in Indy 4.

Guest a10boar
Agreed on the Cantina thing. Lucas' desire to rape men started with Han Solo and reached its ultimate expression in Indy 4.

That reminded me of that South Park episode where "things" was not going well for Harrison Ford.

I too am a Star Wars fan and the original Trilogy was the best IMHO. The latter was too drama queen like for my taste. Come on, did Darth Vader sound or look like an emotional wreck in the first three releases? Now Lord Sith was believable and honestly enjoy watching his performance.

Major HUGE fan of original StarWars as a straight up simple tale done like never before, and to a lesser extent the first sequel with mmm forgot...right Yoda.

**butt** I never bothered going to see any of the New Star Wars, and I never saw them on the tele/DVD/tape either. I could sense there was something not right about them. So, what happened to Lucas? What went down there?

I too love the classic versions of early 80's. Cant seem to get into prequels. i wish Lucas would work on 7, 8 and 9 and call it quits but that wont happen. The tie fighter, interceptor and bomber would be cool as well as the Rebel armored snowspeeder. In meantime, still have x-wing alliance on my HD and the tie fighter game from totally games.

Yeah my fave always was those white or tan triangle ships....imperial cruisers I think. Man its been awhile. In the 2nd and 3rd movies...that big blue Darth Vader super-triangle ship. Those were a bit too much perhaps. I liked the raw basic Imperial cruiser idea.

Yeah imperial cruisers are made to be shot down. Yeah yea I know all that but so what??

I always liked the Y-wings and the TIE interceptors the best, but the Naboo starfighter isn't half-bad looking either, with it's art-deco style swooping lines. The X-wing always remended me of a Delorean for some reason, probably the angular lines and legendary status.

That being said, I still think the nicest looking star wars ship is the Republic Gunship a la episode 2. It's like an Mi-35 mixed with an AC-130. It's so ugly that it's pretty.

... the Naboo starfighter isn't half-bad looking either, with it's art-deco style swooping lines.