Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Remembering D-DAY

Today, we remember those heros of our allied armed forces who took part in one of the greatest amphibious assaults known to man kind. They made the ultimate sacrifice. Weither they be men on the boats who landed on the beaches, or men who dropped from the sky behind enemy lines, all where great men who achieved the unthinkable.

R.I.P Men, forever will you be remembered

:salute:

Edited by scouserlad13

Salute to those that set the standards we adhere to yet to this day,May we have to courage to be half the Warriors they were,no home rotations,they stayed until it was DONE.

I came looking for this thread.

Hats off to the "Greatest Generation"

May we never forget what they all gave

:salute::salute:

Some radio stations played the speeches by FDR, Ike, and others. Very nice.

The scene in Band of Brothers where they load up in the C-47 for the day keeps looping between my ears.

:ph34r: CL

This probably will not go down well, but I cannot help but think about the Germans who died there that day too. Remember the politicians make the wars, the dog-faces just have to carry it out. They died too in, what they believed, defense of their country. Respect due to gallant warriors, whatever the breed.

This probably will not go down well, but I cannot help but think about the Germans who died there that day too. Remember the politicians make the wars, the dog-faces just have to carry it out. They died too in, what they believed, defense of their country. Respect due to gallant warriors, whatever the breed.

So true, RIP TO ALL WHO DIED ON D-DAY regardless of nationality

I'd almost agree 100%...except the Germans were actually in France, not Germany, so it's harder to say "defending their country." However, I'm sure there were many that didn't want to be there. I'm also sure there were many that did.

I'd almost agree 100%...except the Germans were actually in France, not Germany, so it's harder to say "defending their country." However, I'm sure there were many that didn't want to be there. I'm also sure there were many that did.

It´s like saying that USMC in Iwo Jima or Okinawa were the bad guys, or even troops in Afghanistan or Iraq, and the conquerors of Mexico, legioneers in Tunisia. I know who started the war, but i don´t think that any of us could blame a german soldier for serving in WW2. I prefer to think that i would have done, in spite of anything.

Guest hardy_

Is it ever too late to miss a 6 June, 1944 thread? <S>

post-50469-1245455738_thumb.jpg

post-50469-1245455746_thumb.jpg

Edited by hardy_