Sign in to follow this  
Dave

So There I Was.....

41,000 ft, and my engine flamed out. When all of a sudden I get a MiG-25 on my tail. He launched 2 missiles at me and knowing I was screwed I bailed. I descended to 15,000 feet when my chute opened. Well then arrogant prick keep doing passes by me in my chute. He came for another pass and I had enough of this crap. So I drew my Model 1911 Colt 45. from my shoulder holster. When he came close, and I mean he was close, I could see the grin on his face, I opened up right into his canopy. Well the weight of an entire family of .45 cal rounds shattered his cockpit and I don't think his body liked it either. I watched as he broke away and crashed back into Terra Firma. There was no chute. The moral of the story, God made everyone one different, but Sam Colt made them equal.

Unless You were issued a Springfield.............

Unless You were issued a Springfield.............

Didn't fit in my pit, I tried though. :biggrin:

Dave, you have a sharp eye, that's for sure! :smile:

I wonder how many of you know that such story was actually possible in one old flightsim... who knows which one?

(hint: wrapper.dll)

EAW ftw

No, the same year as EAW, modern combat.

edit: it came year earlier than EAW IIRC

Edited by CA_Stary

Guest a10boar

Combat Flight Simulator, Red Baron II and Total Air War is my 3 guesses for 1997. :dntknw:

pilots shoud carry bullpups (SA80, Tavor) or PDWs (P90, MP-7) in pit or survival pack. they're small and can be used for def and hunting for food.

Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) featuring both the X-32 and X-35

Bingo!

You could pull a gun and fire when descending, and then walk around shooting. I think shoot a SAM that way once.

Bingo!

You could pull a gun and fire when descending, and then walk around shooting. I think shoot a SAM that way once.

No wonder, the engine was used for Project IGI, too!

Wonder if JSF is still up for grabs somewhere and if it was moddable...

Edited by Heretic

Bah, a lot of site like ebay, price minister, amazon or whatever sure have some copies of JSF hanging around.

But I wonder if it will run under Vista.

Back to the topic, I remind too having been downed above A-stan in a JSF campaign, during an attack against an armored column, and then playing the hero with my little gun against those tanks. Great times, golden age of Flight Sim!

41,000 ft, and my engine flamed out. When all of a sudden I get a MiG-25 on my tail. He launched 2 missiles at me and knowing I was screwed I bailed. I descended to 15,000 feet when my chute opened. Well then arrogant prick keep doing passes by me in my chute. He came for another pass and I had enough of this crap. So I drew my Model 1911 Colt 45. from my shoulder holster. When he came close, and I mean he was close, I could see the grin on his face, I opened up right into his canopy. Well the weight of an entire family of .45 cal rounds shattered his cockpit and I don't think his body liked it either. I watched as he broke away and crashed back into Terra Firma. There was no chute. The moral of the story, God made everyone one different, but Sam Colt made them equal.

'n then what happened >_>

I tried modding the ejected pilot in Fighter's Anthology to do the same thing. I could never get it to work...