Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

:(

Backup external drive died...lost everything. over 500gb of game and movie and music files.Damn thing was only 6 months old.I guess I shouldn't have backed it up lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by whiteknight06604

I have back ups for back ups..

I have back ups for back ups..

Thats sound advice I just don't have that option monetarily.

This might sound like insanity but if you want to make an attempt to get the data off, try this - freeze the drive. That's right, pop it in the freezer and get it nice and cold. Take it out and boot it up. You might get a good 10 minutes before it heats back up to grab data off. Continue doing this until you get all the data off.

I've seen a few guys make some quick cash with this little trick. What do you have to lose?

Backup external drive died...lost everything. over 500gb of game and movie and music files.Damn thing was only 6 months old.I guess I shouldn't have backed it up lol. :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me. My ext HD died. Although I think it's just the USB power supply, so I might be able to retrieve the data on the actual drive later. Otherwise, 200Gb of gaming stuff, gone.

Some times get dat back works or filescavanger once i get home later today i can send you or post links to the web sites they are free to try and if you can reteive data then you pay for the licence.