Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Looking at getting a new laptop

As the topics states. Right now, I have a Toshiba that sucks more than what I've seen on some sites. I got it back in 2006 for my deployment to Iraq. I never realized how poor performing it was until I ran Bridge Commander today with a 3rd party mod and the game became a slide show. So now I'm in the market to get a new laptop that can perform quite well. Do any of you guys know of something that can easily run a modded TW sim without issues? So far, I've only been able to find one at Best Buy going for over a $1,000.00 operating on a 2.2 GHz dual core from Intel.

I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend. It's hard to spend under $1000 and not have an Intel video chip for starters. Even then, something like an nvidia 9200M isn't much better.

I spent $1500 on my Dell XPS laptop and it runs games "ok" thanks to a 2.4GHZ C2D and an 8600GT video chip.

Hello try this

HP Compaq 6910p GH717AW Laptop Computer

Providing you power for your business no matter where it is, the HP Compaq 6910p GH717AW Laptop Computer is one that surely delivers. Working with you whenever and wherever it is, it features a Genuine Windows Vista Business operating system that delivers productivity and security to meet your professional demands. At only $499.99, it comes with a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 processor with a 4MB L2 cache and 800MHz FSB, 1GB of DDR2 memory, and a fast and agile 80GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive that gives you power and efficiency for whatever task at hand. And upon your purchase, this unit comes with a PNY 1024MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz SODIMM Memory that provides you with more smooth running performance.

www.techspyer.com

serverandenforce, you might take a look at a place like IBUYPOWER or CyberPower. I'm hoping to get a new desktop soon from either or site.

Here is a laptop under 1000 dollars that looks pretty nice and seems like it certainly should run the Thirdwire series.

IBP

There's another laptop on there for 1500 and it has a geforce 260 in it.