Sign in to follow this  
Rooster89

Strange Trees 2

I dont think I ever remember this being discussed but I have a wierd issue here. Seems that I sometimes get grey trees in the distance. They are pretty far away and if theres enough trees around, it looks like it forms a square perimeter around my plane. I tried dropping my scenery slider down to four but its still there. Its not a big problem. It sort of comes and goes. Any solutions?

post-45810-1244433124_thumb.jpg

-Rooster

I once owned a 68 Valient with 256 thousand miles on it ( couldn't kill those slant-6's). The wiper motor made one helluva racket, solution: turn up the radio when it rained :biggrin:

Well, that's not particularly helpful now to him is it?

Rooster,

From what you describe (I cannot see it in the pic you post) AND this is just a guess, but it sounds like the graphics interface all flight sims must have between close/detailed terrain (resource intensive) and the less detailed far-out-to-the-horizon terrain. That makes sense because you describe it as a box around your aircraft.

If you have a strong (!) graphics card you may be able to ameliorate this artifact by increasing the terrain settings at the cost of FPS. If you have an old card, there's the rub...

OR, you could turn up the radio I suppose, if you want to have an attitude.

Edited by B Bandy RFC

I dont think I ever remember this being discussed but I have a wierd issue here. Seems that I sometimes get grey trees in the distance. They are pretty far away and if theres enough trees around, it looks like it forms a square perimeter around my plane. I tried dropping my scenery slider down to four but its still there. Its not a big problem. It sort of comes and goes. Any solutions?

post-45810-1244433124_thumb.jpg

-Rooster

Its an AA issue on the reduced mipmaps of distance trees....

I am looking into this to improve the situation for P4.

HTH

WM

Its an AA issue on the reduced mipmaps of distance trees....

I am looking into this to improve the situation for P4.

HTH

WM

Winder, wouldn't upping the AA settings in the Nvidia control panel help this? I get this now and then, but it's only a flash. The correct .DDS file is then displayed. Just to let you know, M$ FSX does this as well, but again, it only looses it for a seccond.

OvS