Sign in to follow this  
Uhu

Problem with modern weapons

Hello!

I have a problem with following weapons: the BK27 Mauser internal gun of the Tornado and the Eurofighter Typhoon and with the IRIS-T.

The gun won't fire albeit I've triple checked the _DATA.INIs and my GUNDATA.INI with testing some changes. Here are the corresponding INI-lines of my install:

[GunData028]
TypeName=27MM_BK27
FullName=27mm Mauser BK27
Caliber=27.000000
ROF=1800.000000
MuzzleVel=1025.000000
AmmoWt=0.180000
WarheadWt=0.018000
Reliability=100.000000
Accuracy=75.000000
AddLight=TRUE
MaxLightRange=1200.000000
FireColor=0.500000,0.450000,0.320000
GunFireEffect=23mmFireEffect
GunFireSound=Vulcan
EffectClassName=23mmEffects
EffectTime=0.100000
TracerTexture=Tracer.tga
TracerSize=0.150000
TracerDistFactor=0.002000
TracerLength=0.015000
MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000
MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000
TimeFuzed=FALSE

without changes from me,

and the excerpt of the Typhoon INI (bongodriver's mod from http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27281 )

// Internal Guns ---------------------------------

[internalGun01]
SystemType=FIXED_GUN
GunTypeName=27MM_BK27
InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN
MuzzlePosition=0.919,2.304,-0.236
LightPosition=0.919,2.304,-0.236
AimAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
MaxAmmo=150
EjectShells=FALSE
MinExtentPosition=
MaxExtentPosition=

My sole change here is that I removed a - in the line "AimAngles=-0.0,0.0,0.0"

In the case the the full INI's are needed, please look here:

Typhoon_DATA.INI.txt

GUNDATA.INI.txt

The other problem is that the IRIS-T is not very likely to check if it targets the right target selected by me. On several occasions, I fired one at a foe at a range of approximately 20 km, but the only thing I got was a "Check fire. Friendly fire reported..." call. In the debrief log, I found then out that I hit a friendly dogfighter flying in the vicinity of my target. The other strange case is that, in a Tornado F3, I fired an IRIS-T at a Su-27 25 km away, the next thing I saw was the fireball of my plane. Debrief said that I shot myself down with my own missile (iterated 2 times...).

My game configuration is as follows:

SFP1 patched to the newest level (Oct. '08) and easy gameplay settings... Community Weapons pack 2.52 with few newer weapons installed, weaponsdata.INI along with the extracted and expanded GUNDATA.INI placed in the weapons folder. The newest gun and weapon editors that arfe available installed with no problems using them so far.

I can't figure a workaround out, so please help me. :-)

Greets, Uhu

PS. BTW, the Meteor won't show up in the loadout screen for the Typhoon - I checked the "exported"-checkbox in the weps editor and the attachment codes of the Typhoon... If I can fix this with help also, I would be glad about it.

The IRIS-T is a short range infra-red missile so it will hit whatever is hottest. It doesn´t matter what target you select.

The IRIS-T is a short range infra-red missile so it will hit whatever is hottest. It doesn´t matter what target you select.

I can't fire a Sidewinder at a friendly aircraft, it doesn't growl and guide to it, if I'm remembering its behavior in game correctly. And any IR guided missile won't shot myself down because the heat sources, even for an all-aspect missile, should be out of the seeker field of view (unless it makes a 180° turn, but why should it ,ake it?). And additionally, I think that the newest IR missiles as the AIM-9M or -X, the ASRAAM and the IRIS-T have a image processing seeker with electronics giving them a basiv IFF capability, so again a point against making blue-on-blue shots...

Greets from a slightly confused Uhu

Even if the real one can identify freindly A/C i doubt that it is implemented in the game engine (after all the original games where all set in the 60-80ies). And it is possible to shoot down freindly planes with sidewinders i have done it several times (mostly unintentional :biggrin: ) with both old and new variants.

cheers

Thundercheif

thundercheif is right, there is an IFF checkbox that is supposed to handle that, but I've shot down a friendly by accident with a 9X.

While you're messing with the Bk.27. Change the sound from Vulcan to Cannon. It's a single barrel, not a Gatling gun.

I've been shot down by and have shot down friendlies with AIM-9s all the time. I think the IFF system is broken to some extent. As for the IRIS-T you can't shoot at things 25km away and expect to hit much of anything. The only heat seekers that have that range are as AIM-132 and the heat seeker versions of some of the larger Russian missiles.

I've been shot down by and have shot down friendlies with AIM-9s all the time. I think the IFF system is broken to some extent. As for the IRIS-T you can't shoot at things 25km away and expect to hit much of anything. The only heat seekers that have that range are as AIM-132 and the heat seeker versions of some of the larger Russian missiles.

A heater is not going to give a damn about IFF. So it isn't broken. You shoot at something hot, well, its going after it, good or bad.

Well, in the described situation, I used the IRIS-T near at the end of its operational range in RL, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRIS-T .

I tested the targeting of a friendly plane with a 'Winder, admittedly, I was mistaken with the belief of not being able to target a friendly with a IR missile.

But why made my plane a great explosion immediately after an IRIS launch with the debrief log's entry that I shot myself down?

And why does the Mauser cannon not fire on both the Tornado and Eurofighter? :dntknw:

Uhu

And why does the Mauser cannon not fire on both the Tornado and Eurofighter? :dntknw:

Uhu

OK stupid question: did you save your Mauser in the guneditor?

Yes, I save the Mauser with the gun editor. :-)

Uhu

Yes, I save the Mauser with the gun editor. :-)

Uhu

I tried to delete the gun and to recreate and saving it in the gun editor. It did not work.

Uhu

make sure you are using the right gun editor - the SF2 series need a different version

My game configuration is as follows:

SFP1 patched to the newest level (Oct. '08) and easy gameplay settings... Community Weapons pack 2.52 with few newer weapons installed, weaponsdata.INI along with the extracted and expanded GUNDATA.INI placed in the weapons folder. The newest gun and weapon editors that are available installed with no problems using them so far.

The gun editor is the newest available at the Thirdwire homepage (from 2006, I believe).

Greets, Uhu

But I've only got the first generations Strike Fighters Project 1 and Wings over Vietnam. So I can't see why I should use a SF2 editor!

Is there any newer first generation gun editor than Gun Data Editor v11.05.05 (43.4 KB)?

Uhu

But why made my plane a great explosion immediately after an IRIS launch with the debrief log's entry that I shot myself down?

Uhu

The QAAM does the same thing in the SU-27 for me. I don't know why. better yet, what is a QAAM anyways?

The QAAM does the same thing in the SU-27 for me. I don't know why. better yet, what is a QAAM anyways?

According to google, a Quick-maneuvring Air-to-Air Missile, see here: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/QAAM

But neither wikipedia (EN and DE) nor globalsecurity.org know this acronym, so I can't say how common it is, or if it is only a PC simulation term.

Uhu

According to google, a Quick-maneuvring Air-to-Air Missile, see here: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/QAAM

But neither wikipedia (EN and DE) nor globalsecurity.org know this acronym, so I can't say how common it is, or if it is only a PC simulation term.

Uhu

Only time I've heard the QAAM acronym used is in Ace Combat: it was an uber-'winder in AC04 and damned near useless in AC5 and AC0. Where did you get the QAAM for TW games?

Only time I've heard the QAAM acronym used is in Ace Combat: it was an uber-'winder in AC04 and damned near useless in AC5 and AC0. Where did you get the QAAM for TW games?

You'll find the QAAM here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6099

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

It's not only the Mauser that is not working, but also the 25mm Gatling of Dave's F-35 that I added with the gun editor. I can't get my gun firing, with the short range missiles expended a bad position in a dogfight.

How can I make a workaround?

Uhu