Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Iran new helo

You shouldn´t speak this way, our persian members may feel offended....

Wtf, this is ashaming

What concerns me is that this people still manages to capture british patrol craft and mess in the iraq war. If they

were interested in the peace on a neighbour country, maybe OK, but this industry, no matter how pathetic could

look like, is arming terrorists in Iraq and Lebanon. Even Hezbollah operates their UAVs

Edited by macelena

The mini-sub actually looks interesting :yes:

You shouldn´t speak this way, our persian members may feel offended....

Wtf, this is ashaming

Edited.

Edited.

I wasn´t serious on that, dude :lol:

Edited by macelena

Just a new target.

This is nothing new, countries copy or improve other countries weapons all the time. The Americans and British improved on the German V2, the Russians copied the B-29 and AIM-54 to name a few. A country such as Iran that has trouble obtaining weapons from other nations is sometimes forced to build its own based on what it has. IMHO that helicopter is kinda ingenous, especially if the design actually has stealth characteristics.

I wasn´t serious on that, dude :lol:

hee, i don't want an international diplomatic accident :blink:

This is nothing new, countries copy or improve other countries weapons all the time. The Americans and British improved on the German V2, the Russians copied the B-29 and AIM-54 to name a few. A country such as Iran that has trouble obtaining weapons from other nations is sometimes forced to build its own based on what it has. IMHO that helicopter is kinda ingenous, especially if the design actually has stealth characteristics.

no doubt...but..damn they can get things from Russia/China, but they want independence, so....

Edited by Silverbolt

To be honest, you can see this kind of thing happening a mile off. Probably won't be the last time they bludgeon other countries' gear into an "indigenous" design of their own either.

God can they come up with ANYTHING on their own without modding something from someone else?????

God can they come up with ANYTHING on their own without modding something from someone else?????

World is Modding :rofl:

wow very unimpressed. its a souped up bell with a carbon fiber nose. Sad actualy...its all propoganda

If it works, why not? If someone else does the hard work and they can capitalise on it, then it works out for them. The US and Soviets were doing it for decades. I mean, they're not striving for originality here, they're developing the infrastructure to create their own arms industry. With that massive former Bell plant there, I'm not surprised they went for a Bell design mod. I figure they're not doing it with the Chinese stuff because they'd kick up a fuss and withdraw their support to the Iranian arms industry, military etc...

Open source RL...?

:rofl:

Seriously, now... yes, I agree, it's quite unimpressive but consider this: how many countries on Earth can actually design/modify/upgrade, build and fly expensive and complex pieces of technology, like combat helicopters or aircraft? If you live in the US, France, Germany, the UK, Russia or any 'decent' country with the means - economic and technological (and also the social framework) - to do it, you can take things like these for granted but for a developing country, I think it's a fairly good achievement.

To be honest, you can see this kind of thing happening a mile off. Probably won't be the last time they bludgeon other countries' gear into an "indigenous" design of their own either.

They already have, with the F-5 as the victim starting point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azarakhsh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeqeh_(warplane)

Iran has also tried to reverse-engineer the HAWK SAM into a Phoenix replacement for their Tomcats, but IDK if they've succeded or not.

i think tthose aren't total new planes...just like chinese did....

i think those are old cells that have been modified...the Bell and the F-5

,...what a mess... they seem to copy models from model shops, not army industry.where do they find those who do the ironwork?they are worse than an oven!!!!!!

Hmm the only issue with the chopper is that it looks like its made of fiberglass, and thin plexiglass. The engine wouldn't be powerful enough to lift heavy armour and weapons. Which means you need to make it small.

Well it has a firly small cross section but it's still large from a side/plan view. It'll be fine for putting down civilians from range, but anyone with a gun would rapidly poke holes in it.

Also didnt most nations not bother with mini submersibles due to the rubbish range and lack of torpedoes.

Well if memory serves me right the Swedes still seem to invest in them (mini subs that is).

Edited by Atreides

After a quick wiki the swedish subs are about 3 times bigger... 60m vs 20m length.

:good:

post-5735-1244571926_thumb.jpg

Also didnt most nations not bother with mini submersibles due to the rubbish range and lack of torpedoes.

I don't think range is a factor if you just want to block the Straits of Hormuz.

:good:

its an MiG I-2000, IIRC 'should' be the response to F-35, or an second propuse to the MFI.