Sign in to follow this  
Wolfar

This is starting to TICK me OFF. <<< BG

Twice now with the same pilot in a DR1 the best I had since getting OFF about a week and a half ago. I went to warp only to come out pointed at the ground in a spin, everything goes red and I can not see carp and then the ground plow. The second time in a ROW it did this it killed my ONLY pilot with 2 confirmed kills. MADDENING! :fuk:

Check the threads here, been much discussed. Turning off autopilot before going into warp will resolve this issue.

Thumper

And lower your throttle to about 65% or lower before you engage Warp. Also try and be flying straight and level. I use Warp all the time on long flights but have never had it mess up my plane.

The only exception to that would be if I was warped through a cloud, as those are dangerous no matter what you do and its best to avoid warping when your course is plotted through some heavy concentrations.

Madmatt

Check the threads here, been much discussed. Turning off autopilot before going into warp will resolve this issue.

Thumper

My bad -- that should have been auto trim. Good catch, Winston! Late night, lack of sleep, brain and fingers not connected well :biggrin:

I've been using warp a lot, but I've never seen this problem some people seem to be having. I don't use auto trim or anything, and I don't always even lower my throttle when entering warp.

I've experienced only one warp-related glitch when the AI decided to teleport my flight of Nieuports over the North Sea a couple of hundred kilometres from any friendly base. That was an unexpected turn of events and cost me my pilot. Funny also - a North Sea Bermuda triangle took my flight. :no:

I've made hundreds and hundreds of warps and have experienced only one problem, and that was a few patches ago. So I dare say warping is pretty safe. Of course the safest way to fly would be without warping, but sadly I rarely have time to fly around for such a long time per mission.

Turning off autopilot doesnt make any difference........turning off auto-trim could be the key.

Turn off Auto trim before warp. I think it's in the FAQ ...quick check.. http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#A27

It's convenient to use auto trim but it is pretty unreaslistic to use it. Most craft had only basic trim pre flight, or some through rigging etc. But many of the main bad traits of the craft would still be there (many bad traits actually helped them in combat too). Very few had any trim at all in flight. They are meant to fly with quirks (need forward stick or whatever that's) part of the being in WW1 ;).

Wolfar,

You could also not use warp at all and just accelerate time (Ctrl+Shift+E). One application doubles time, hitting the same key combination doubles it again etc, and to decelerate time, use Ctrl+Shift+R, and it works in the same fashion.

Then you can regulate how fast time is passing. Warp seems just like that...(warp factor 10 Scotty!...OCH! if I give 'er any more Cap'n, she'll BLOW!)...that you can and will enter huge thunderheads which will toss you about and you'll exit from warp with a red screen and plummeting ever earthwards with the inevitable result.

With accelerated time (say.. 4X or 8X) you can easily see your craft approaching an ugly looking cloud and avoid it, then rejoin your comrades on the other side by following your waypoint line on the TAC (if you use it), then accelerating time again. At this time acceleration, given most flights seem to take about between 30 and 60 minutes flight to your target, it's only a short wait until you reach your destination. Much safer and also travels at a speed that allows you to sight-see if you so desire.

I have exited from warp on many occasions pointing towards the earth and rapidly gaining speed, and was only just able to correct my attitude. On a few occasions, I also lost a valued pilot.

Edited by Steve Drew

Also, turn off auto-trim before warping. Very important.

That is probably it, I have just recently began using auto trim in the DR1 because it always wants to climb. I will check it out tonight but it makes sense because both times I had auto trim on and went into warp at 100% power.

Thank you all for your responses! :good:

Thumper

Just for the record I always search the threads before a ask for help. I spent about 30 minutes which might not be enough looking for an answer. Thanks again everyone will try tonight, hopefully I will not loose anymore pilots due to my errors. LMAO! :salute:

Just for the record I always search the threads before a ask for help. I spent about 30 minutes which might not be enough looking for an answer. Thanks again everyone will try tonight, hopefully I will not loose anymore pilots due to my errors. LMAO! :salute:

We've all been there! :good::biggrin:

Sorry if it sounded like I was being snippy, that wasn't my intention. As I said, late night plus lack of sleep equals brain/fingers disconnect :biggrin: I knew there was much discussion on this very subject back when Phase III was released, because I experienced the same problem. In my haste to be helpful, I not only gave you the wrong initial answer, but I sounded like a jerk. I broke one of my own rules, which states "read message at least once or twice after typing, BEFORE hitting Add Reply, to be sure it says what you wanted to say." Again, I apologize for this.

Thumper

Sorry if it sounded like I was being snippy, that wasn't my intention. As I said, late night plus lack of sleep equals brain/fingers disconnect :biggrin: I knew there was much discussion on this very subject back when Phase III was released, because I experienced the same problem. In my haste to be helpful, I not only gave you the wrong initial answer, but I sounded like a jerk. I broke one of my own rules, which states "read message at least once or twice after typing, BEFORE hitting Add Reply, to be sure it says what you wanted to say." Again, I apologize for this.

Thumper

Accepted no worries here. :good:

Everyone has a bad day or two. I have been flight simming for 12 years now online and off.