Sign in to follow this  
i fight by 1

What does it feel like to be shot?

You know why do i love this site, this community, apart from the aircraft? That i seem relatively saner :biggrin:

Honestly, I dont think any gunshot would feel the same, what with all the possibilities...(bullet, gun, pain tolerance, wound area, distanc, etc). Although im sure it will always hurt, and is probably one of those "only want to feel it once type of pains, similar to being hit by a car...

And to lighten the mood, this is oddly enough not the oddest question ive been asked haha :biggrin:

btw, this must be the strangest question I've ever heard somebody ask.

That's not a strange question. A strange question is:

Person A: Hey, if you went to a party and woke up the next day with your pants around your ankles and you were all sticky, would you tell anyone?

Person B: ...uh... no.

Person A: Wanna go to a party...?

They would have to be the strangest ones I've heard... :biggrin:

That's not a strange question. A strange question is:

Person A: Hey, if you went to a party and woke up the next day with your pants around your ankles and you were all sticky, would you tell anyone?

Person B: ...uh... no.

Person A: Wanna go to a party...?

They would have to be the strangest ones I've heard... :biggrin:

HAHAHA :rofl:

My guess is being shot by a .22 and being shot by a .50 would feel very different!

I am happy I do not know what it feels like.

I already know what it feels like to be frequently shot AT, and that already blows a@# enormously....

Anyone who does know; my sympathies!

Muesli

I find this topic pretty disturbing. WTF.

Maybe not quite OT, but in the training I've had in order get my Tennessee handgun permit, and to sharpen my skills, the overriding message is to avoid situations in which you may be shot or may have to shoot someone. Let's hope we all die not knowing the answer to the OP's question.

avoid situations in which you may be shot or may have to shoot someone.

That is some great piece of advice. Especially the avoid getting shot part.

I find this topic pretty disturbing. WTF.

x2. And I used to be a gun enthusiast back in the day.

FC

I have a friend who shot himself in the arm with a 22 on a dare when we were in sixth grade. :blink:

He said it burned, He also said that getting shot didn't hurt nearly as bad as the surgeries to rebuild his elbow with steel pins and stuff. Now he says he feels it everytime the weather changes.

He's a good friend, a Moron, but a good friend. :haha:

He's a good friend, a Moron, but a good friend. :haha:

Got a few friends like that...makes me feel smarter...

:biggrin:

FC

That is some great piece of advice. Especially the avoid getting shot part.

The concept of not putting yourself in harms way is often overlooked. The most basic lesson in self defense training is to be aware of who is around you and what they are doing, and not to go to places where you expose yourself to danger.

The concept of not putting yourself in harms way is often overlooked. The most basic lesson in self defense training is to be aware of who is around you and what they are doing, and not to go to places where you expose yourself to danger.

Generally a good concept, though these days t's not as easy as one might think it to be. That is why I CCW and constantly scan for cover while walking around on my errands. Trash can, car, whatever provides any measure of cover and concealment all while scanning my surroundings. Situational awareness is something many only think pilots and spies do on a regular basis, but many do it all day (to some extent) whether thay are awre of it or not. Mall shootings and car jackings not to mention home invasions mean that everybody could benefit from a sharper sense of what's around them at any given time.

As Woody Allen said in one of his films: 'My doctor says that I am allergic to bullets and under no circumstances should I allow them to pass through my body'. Sounds like good medical advice.