Sign in to follow this  
JDSnypes

how do you make AI more agressive?

i put all on hard/hard in option and im still not satisfied because its a bit easy to kill enemy aircraft, especially migs. Is there a mod or a tweak to make AI much aggressive maneuvering?? I think there somethign wrong with my settings,i never seen AI planes use flares or ECM, or do crazy aerobatics to dodge missiles. I thought it would be challenging and cool if you see them doing this.

Simple. Set enemy skills to "hard". Also (and obviously), only those aircraft equipped with countermeasures can or will deploy them.

BTW, what title and what patch level?

Simple. Set enemy skills to "hard". Also (and obviously), only those aircraft equipped with countermeasures can or will deploy them.

BTW, what title and what patch level?

yes,like i said i set it to hard enemy skill lvl/ hard simulation, its WOI, oct 2008 update patched. Also i have another question, how do u remove the HUD radar in the top right corner and the little white letters in the lower left corner of the screen, the one that tells ur Speed,Heading,Pilots squadron and callsign, i dont like them being there and certainly dont like it when u target fixated an enemy an another HUD in the right lower screen(which is now red colored) that tells u wwhats he current speed of your enemy, heading etc etc.

Alt+D to get rid of the screen info. But I'd rather keep then on for ease of play.

Most campaigns won't have any counter measures for Red Planes. And WOI 1982 is quite one-sided if you fly F-15 and F-16.

But the enemy does great maneuvers if you ever get into a gun fight. They also know how to go low to break your radar lock.

I suggest you play earlier campaigns and fly less sophisticated planes if you want challenge. You can also install cockpits for the Arab planes so that you can fly them and go against the Israelis. Get WOE / SF2: Europe for more challenging red planes (more advanced version of Mig-23/27 with BVR capabilities). Get SFP1 or SF2 and play mercenaries for some logistics challenge (plane and weapons purchasing).

Edited by jomni

Hmm not sure what to tell you there as the AI does use chaff, and flares (if their aircraft is equipped with them) and also will try to beam your SAHM and AHM when they detect them with their RWR. The AI will even spawn aces on you just to frustrate you more.

Also, if those features are there (HUD in lower right corner, radar in upper right corner, etc) you definitely aren't on hard settings for everything.

FC

Also, if those features are there (HUD in lower right corner, radar in upper right corner, etc) you definitely aren't on hard settings for everything.

FC

yes your right, hud display and visual targeting is set to normal, cuz its really hard to spot enemy planes cuz of my bad graphic card

yes,like i said i set it to hard enemy skill lvl/ hard simulation, its WOI, oct 2008 update patched. Also i have another question, how do u remove the HUD radar in the top right corner and the little white letters in the lower left corner of the screen, the one that tells ur Speed,Heading,Pilots squadron and callsign, i dont like them being there and certainly dont like it when u target fixated an enemy an another HUD in the right lower screen(which is now red colored) that tells u wwhats he current speed of your enemy, heading etc etc.

thanks, ill buy SF2 soon

Use all the info presented in the above posts then try using the Kurnass on hard flight model :blink:

i put all on hard/hard in option and im still not satisfied because its a bit easy to kill enemy aircraft, especially migs. Is there a mod or a tweak to make AI much aggressive maneuvering?? I think there somethign wrong with my settings,i never seen AI planes use flares or ECM, or do crazy aerobatics to dodge missiles. I thought it would be challenging and cool if you see them doing this.

The AI is not aggressive enough? No problem...

Download all Nato Fighters add-ons, one through four, be sure to follow the read me's instructions...

Start an F-15A campaign in 1986...

Fill out your will and be sure to designate where you want the body sent...

May God have mercy on your cyber-soul, you will learn to hate SU-27's, well for awhile anyway, until you disappear in a cloud of debris over Fulda...

Simple fly a fully bombed up F-4 against a bunch of Su-27's Mig-29's... life will get interesting very quick...

NF1-4 require WOE, though.

Between ODS and NF1-4 it's well worth the price of admission...

yes your right, hud display and visual targeting is set to normal, cuz its really hard to spot enemy planes cuz of my bad graphic card

thanks, ill buy SF2 soon

Check the knowledge base section here on the forum, it explains how to get rid of the upper right radar screen without losing your visual targeting, as for the extra writing in the lower corners, I think there is info in the knowledge base to get rid of or shrink that writing, you can also re-map 'Alt D' to one button like 'H' or 'D' to make it easier and quicker to cycle through the info

If you are playing in 82 its a bit of a turkey shoot like the real thing was for the Israelis - the Syrians have nothing that can compete in either aircraft or missiles - and i think without looking the pilot training for most nations in WOI is not at the highest level - so the pilots you face are not up to scratch either.

Try the 73 campaign with an F-4 or Mirage/A-4 - or take a Mirage 5 against a MiG-17 - or even set the year to 1976 and fly an F-15 against some MiG-17s and see how you get on with pants missiles :)

You want tougher AI? It's quite simple. It's called multiplay, it don't get any tougher than that. Oh god, there goes that Doghouse using that 9 letter word again! And you all thought he was chained up in the back yard. :haha:

Doghouse MULTIPLAY YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!111111

:skull:

Would "PilotTrainingStandard" in the Nations.ini (Flight folder) make any difference ?

The Commies and the Arabs are usually "POOR" and maybe "GOOD" or "EXCELLENT" may change things.

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

Guest egt2009

the game makers are a bunch of fools egyptian pilots are the best

Ahh yes, more wonders of the internet. It never lets me down. :rofl:

Yes they are, at getting shot down. :haha:

So man... Ya really want hard fights? Sit into Migs! Than you will see what is hard fight. You said that AI planes does not use faffs/chlares? Cos Mig-17/19/21 and most of Mig-23 had no faffs/chlares (do not count recon pods with dispensers). As ussual in the life... One coin has two sides. Try both sides in SFP1 series.

Crazy maneures in Mig-21/23 against AIM-9L (remember you have no or very limited faffs/chlares or ECM) are not good idea. Why? Try it!

Su-27 or Mig-29... Mmm, this is different song :cool:

With newest patch is AI better than previous standard.

Edited by kukulino

hahahaha - well its nice to be patriotic! - and im sure theyve improved a bit since 1973 - however back then they had minimal training with what was proven in combat to be POOR Soviet tactics.

hahahaha - well its nice to be patriotic! - and im sure theyve improved a bit since 1973 - however back then they had minimal training with what was proven in combat to be POOR Soviet tactics.

They actually have improved a lot since then and have become one of the better Arab air forces, but yeah in the WOI era..... there was a lot to be desired, one of the reasons they ended up with western weapons and training regiments

Edited by Jeremiah Weed

"How to Improve the Agressiveness of Enemy AI?"

hmm.... Make them mad? Call them a bad name? Tell them you just slept with their wife/daughter/mother/other female relative???

j/k!! :haha:

I couldn't resist....sorry!

wrench

kevin stein