Sign in to follow this  
Dave

B-1B Released (Betas)

Awesome work, team!

Sigh...

I know there's a joke about Dave releasing his Bone somewhere here but I refuse to be the one to say it for fear of being banned.

:angel:

Thanks Zur, now there's beer all over my screen! Argh! :rofl::crazy:

Sigh...

I know there's a joke about Dave releasing his Bone somewhere here but I refuse to be the one to say it for fear of being banned.

:angel:

At least you didn't say that you got served a bone for lunch...

At least you didn't say that you got served a bone for lunch...

Yeah no kidding. :tongue::blink:

Also if you give it a good long take off roll and pull back on the stick very gently she will take off very nice and not dip the tail into the runway.

Yeah no kidding. :tongue::blink:

Also if you give it a good long take off roll and pull back on the stick very gently she will take off very nice and not dip the tail into the runway.

Bunches of bombs at Mach Mach speed down in the dirt: What's not to like??? Well Done!

yes!and in b-52 pit too!

Can`t we put a fake wheel on the bud so the tail would stay above the runway... is it possible? Just an idea

OK, guys, this is where you earn your CA wings. The chief driver (aircraft commander) is supposed to have the feel for the aircraft to know how to get off the tarmac without banging the tail on the dirt. Not looking for Golden Hands here, just a capable driver that can fly the jet. If you still are managing to bash the tail on the runway during takeoff, then give some thought to the way you fly. The Bone is not an F-15 and requires finesse to be flown right. At the end of the day, you have to do some of that "pilot s**t" that Goose recommended. If you still muck it up, go look in the mirror and chew that dude's butt then come back and nurse this bone bitch off of the runway without banging the tail. A tailwheel is made for Ham Hands pilots or as a correction for poor engineering (sorry Draken lovers).

Just a thought............

the best way is to rais the nose max 8 degrees on 170 knots and increase slowly altitude when the bone is ready to take off ;-) nice bird to fly

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

OK, guys, this is where you earn your CA wings. The chief driver (aircraft commander) is supposed to have the feel for the aircraft to know how to get off the tarmac without banging the tail on the dirt. Not looking for Golden Hands here, just a capable driver that can fly the jet. If you still are managing to bash the tail on the runway during takeoff, then give some thought to the way you fly. The Bone is not an F-15 and requires finesse to be flown right. At the end of the day, you have to do some of that "pilot s**t" that Goose recommended. If you still muck it up, go look in the mirror and chew that dude's butt then come back and nurse this bone bitch off of the runway without banging the tail. A tailwheel is made for Ham Hands pilots or as a correction for poor engineering (sorry Draken lovers).

Just a thought............

Good speech Jug. Certainly will get some people's gears turning to fly this beautiful bird right.

As for the Draken comment....no offense taken

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

What Jug said. So no fake wheel.

Klavs PM Dels about pits.

Beautiful plane Dave, Congrats for this excellent model .Thank you very much

This is great.

You guys were able to fulfill one aspect of air warfare that was realy missing. Now we can operate bombers not only fighters. Cheers for raising the bar...once again

A tailwheel is made for Ham Hands pilots or as a correction for poor engineering (sorry Draken lovers).

Hurumpf... so what are you saying about Spads, huh?? :threaten: :biggrin:

This was just for my own use, not meant for the masses, so don't be hatin'..... I plugged in the pit from the S-3B, though the position is wrong. Opened the bays, and there were 7 B-61s in front of my windshield. This plane rocks, always loved the B-ONE

This was just for my own use, not meant for the masses, so don't be hatin'..... I plugged in the pit from the S-3B, though the position is wrong. Opened the bays, and there were 7 B-61s in front of my windshield. This plane rocks, always loved the B-ONE

As I said, its AI only so whatever pit someone uses for it, it becomes buyer beware so to speak.

understood, just could not resist flying it, I can figure out the specifics on pit placement later. Love being able to load the bays up with a mixed load, too cool.

you guys are awesome. Will the 3rd party wonders never cease?

Previous comments removed by me.

Edited by ST0RM

Came home for lunch today, and got served a B-ONE! sweet!!! thanks guys!!

uhh....

:rofl:

Hi Dave,

they still have that B-1 out front of the museum at WPAFB? had my pic taken as i stood by the nose gear.

Hurumpf... so what are you saying about Spads, huh?? :threaten: :biggrin:

Hey, the U-2 is a tail dragger too. All tail draggers were built to fly that way, the tailwheel was not added to protect the bird from Klutzy pilots.