Sign in to follow this  
jxeboy

Saying Hello!

Hey everyone, I would just like to say hello.

I won an auction for OFF on Ebay and should be expecting it in less than a week! I am very excited, it looks like you've put together quite the software! I'm hoping I get pretty good performance/graphics compromise with it, I have an older machine I use as my primary gaming machine.

P4 3.0ghz

1G ram

Radeon X1950pro 512mb

32-bit XP

I might struggle to run it on this though, no? If it comes down to it I'll run it off my school computer

Core2Duo 2.4ghz

2G ram

Geforce 8600GT 256mb

32-bit XP

Hopefully one of these machines will run it. If someone has a similar machine if they'd be so kind as to tell me how they run the game that would be very kind. I hope to see you all in the sky soon!

S!

~Jake

For the best performance, definitely the Core 2 Duo machine.

CJ

You won it on EBAY?

Wow.. first time I have heard of one being available.. you got lucky! If this is you, you saved about $10: Ebay Auction $37.50 with postage. Anyway, glad you got it and hope it arrives in good shape and look forward to hearing more from you here!

Your system is almost identical to mine and mine flies great with terrains on 3, clouds and effects on 4 and aircraft on 5... very smooth with fps in the average of about 50 and not dropping below 40 very much. Be sure you get everything configured correctly though in the OFF Workshop CFS3 config file.. read up about it.

I have a bit more video memory 8800gts 320mb, but same Duo E6600 2.4ghz processor, XT Pro v3, and 2gb RAM as you. Having a good sound card will also save processing power. I have a now inexpensive SoundBlaster Audigy 2zs card, well worth investing in. Also, set your screen res to your LCD native res, not lower, it will actually run smoother. ie: I have an Acer 22" wide LCD and have the game set to its native 1680x1050 res. In the OFF-CFS3 config set up I have the res set to 1680x1050x32 color and AA 8x. I then set the Navida set up to AA enhance application settings, this is very important and uses the Nvidia special AA processing which is much more efficient.

Edited by rabu

I started P3 with a Radeon-X550......all sliders on minimum and still it spluttered its way through a flight!

Im on single core but use the 8600GT,now i got trees and textures!

I would definately run it off the school 'puter jxeboy.

Am surprised they are on e-bay already!!

Mmm it was a lucky find. I was checking out the site here, and figured "hey, why not check ebay?" so I did, and i was Lucky!!

I'm pretty excited to get it, it looks like the best thing out there imo, i enjoy full realism, and this seems to have it.

S!

~Jake

Mmm it was a lucky find. I was checking out the site here, and figured "hey, why not check ebay?" so I did, and i was Lucky!!

I'm pretty excited to get it, it looks like the best thing out there imo, i enjoy full realism, and this seems to have it.

S!

~Jake

Hello Jake. Welcome to our Forum. We're glad you decided to purchase OFF, even if it's off of eBay. Just remember to upgrade it to the latest version available on the website. :)

BTW... if you wouldn't mind. When you get it, can you verify that it is an original. Simply by looking at the box, package and DVD. If it all looks ligit, then all is good. If not, please let us know.

Thanks,

OvS

Hello Jake. Welcome to our Forum. We're glad you decided to purchase OFF, even if it's off of eBay. Just remember to upgrade it to the latest version available on the website. :)

BTW... if you wouldn't mind. When you get it, can you verify that it is an original. Simply by looking at the box, package and DVD. If it all looks ligit, then all is good. If not, please let us know.

Thanks,

OvS

Will do, I by no means want to get the software illegally. I will let you guys know that it isn't just a burnt copy. I contacted the man selling it and he said that it is in new condition and has all the parts with it, so i'm assuming he just bought it and couldn't run it, or lost interest or something.

I guess I should point out that my main motive with buying off of ebay was not because of the lower price (although that is nice!) but it is that the shipping time is much much lower. I guess I am just too impatient for my own good.

I will let you guys know.

Thanks

~Jake

Ebay is a must have IMHO... I buy and sell on it a lot!

Thanks,

OvS

Well guess what came in the mail today... and yes it all looks like it should. All seems to be well, unfortunanly I don't think ill be able to try it out until atleast tomorrow. I'm in the process of painting my computer room at the moment :sorry:

I can't wait!

~Jake

Well guess what came in the mail today... and yes it all looks like it should. All seems to be well, unfortunanly I don't think ill be able to try it out until atleast tomorrow. I'm in the process of painting my computer room at the moment :sorry:

I can't wait!

~Jake

No problem! :yes: Please understand why we ask... it's OK to buy on eBay, we just want to make sure it's a good, legal copy and not that someone is trying to take advantage of you and our software.

Once you get it running, come back and tell us what you think of it.

All the best,

OvS