Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Anyone try this before ?

Make an install to fly just for the fun of flying?

I know this is a shooting game, but sometimes I just want to fly these planes around for fun. If I wanted to just say, fly a P-51 around a map without any enemies, would the easiest way just be to delete all the ground objects and aircraft?

Would I run into any problems?

And yes, I know there is Microsoft Flight Simulator for this sorta thing, but I really don't like it.

Why not just create a new pilot in your existing install and call him........VFR pilot(or something like that) and then use a mission editor (KMD or Lemissioneire ) and create a mission with no objective, no targets, and no enemy aircraft........fly around till you get board and then back and land. This way your pilot records wont get blemished and you get to go play :good:

Nothing beats a little canyon baggin in ANW :clapping:

Ah, that's true. I could set up AI airliners to fly around then too.

I do a LOT of car-quals, so I just set em up as recon missions then cycle through the waypoints since you dont actually have to go there to get the mission accomplished.

Craig

Just use the range and red range terrains here at CA. They don't have hostile aircraft on them, and few sams. They are good for joy rides and I use them for flight testing when I don't want to be bugged by bandits.

( sounds like an airshow mod, it would be awesome with multi camera angles, smoke , formation flights etc :]

Just use the range and red range terrains here at CA. They don't have hostile aircraft on them, and few sams. They are good for joy rides and I use them for flight testing when I don't want to be bugged by bandits.

I do that, but since Wrench puts so many bonuses and things in his terrain rebuilds, I want to check those out without being shotdown. Not to mention I've always wanted to check out the south of the GermanyCE map.

I'll probably release these joyride missions when I get the hang of building them.

fouga, an airshow mod would be cool. And it certainly seems possible too.