Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Anybody recognize these...?

Tonight, [Thursday] Sitting Duck, saburo and Axegrinder got me set up with TeamSpeak. Then we made the big jump to getting on-line with Multi-Player. This put me back to square one, as every attempt crashed CFS3. I described the Alpha-numeric error message to Duck. It can be clicked through, but always takes four or five tries. He found it odd. I described the Blue Dial [which I always see when going to the field in QC] He found that doubly odd. I e-mailed screen caps to him. He forwarded to Axe. Seems I'm the only one to see them so far. Anything look familiar?

Tonight, [Thursday] Sitting Duck, saburo and Axegrinder got me set up with TeamSpeak. Then we made the big jump to getting on-line with Multi-Player. This put me back to square one, as every attempt crashed CFS3. I described the Alpha-numeric error message to Duck. It can be clicked through, but always takes four or five tries. He found it odd. I described the Blue Dial [which I always see when going to the field in QC] He found that doubly odd. I e-mailed screen caps to him. He forwarded to Axe. Seems I'm the only one to see them so far. Anything look familiar?

I think you and I have been jinxed in this multiplayer business. I wish you all the luck, cause that sure is strange

I think you and I have been jinxed in this multiplayer business. I wish you all the luck, cause that sure is strange

...and do you remain jinxed to this day? Or did you beat the curse? Better yet, is your problem that CFS3 crashes?

Edited by Hauksbee

...and do you remain jinxed to this day? Or did you beat the curse?

I would be interested to know where you two got your versions or CFS3? And, are they the Microsoft or Ubisoft versions upgraded to the final version?

I would be interested to know where you two got your versions or CFS3? And, are they the Microsoft or Ubisoft versions upgraded to the final version?

I'm running the 'Xpolsive' version. I got it, I believe, on Amazon.com

I'm running the 'Xpolsive' version. I got it, I believe, on Amazon.com

I've never seen that error, or the blue dial thing either. I think it's you version of CFS3. Mine is the original, however, bought on Amazon as well. But it's the scaled down version for cheap sales.

OvS

EEK!...Don't like the look of that!

EEK!...Don't like the look of that!

Me neither. Today. Yesterday I thought they were normal!

i think you told me you dont get the blue dial in cfs3, so am going to guess cfs3 is not the problem.

And seeing as how another window is getting invoked by off3, (the dial thing), I am leaning towards a third party installer/loader on your machine.

if this is the case, something has be to resident in memory.

will try later to dig up homeboys tuturial for alcricity pc, only cause that describes how to get to services.msi, or something like that, and you can make a text document of ALL the little background applications that get started when you start up the computer. Hopefully, from that someone will be able to pinpoint the background app that is causing the problem. And hopefully the windows disk error message is tied into the dial window.

It would not hurt to go to http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php, and get the free download, and after upgrading the software, do a scan. (that link is for the 64bit version)

Admittedly, this doesn not look like adware/spyware or anythink like that, but you never can tell...

if you get a chance, try this,,,hope its the same for vista

go to control panel, and select adminstrative tools

from administartive tools select services...

in the services window, adjust the colum widths so that the name of the services and the description dont overlap anything else,,

from the services window go to action>export list, and in save as type , selcet text(comma delimited)(*.csv)

rather than paste the list in the forum, just upload the file you just saved,,,i dont have excel on this computer, and if i can look at the csv file in excel, it is easier to read...

Never seen that screen in my life.. I'd do a registry check, virus check etc ?

It appears in cfs3 also, (didnt know that before) which at this point leads me to belive it might be the source of the problem. We looked everywhere,,,services,,,,msconfig,,for something out of wack,,,but nothing obvious showed up..

Hauskbee,,,still would like you to go to malwarebytes.org,,,and get the free 64bit scanner.....might as well cover all our bases...

Hauskbee,,,still would like you to go to malwarebytes.org,,,and get the free 64bit scanner.....might as well cover all our bases...

OK. My Tech guys [who built my machine] installed the Anti-Malware Scanner when they did the set-up, but I'll check to make sure I'm running the latest version.

ok,,,not saying your tech guys dont know what they are doing, but this repeatedly finds stuff everything else i use (avg,,adaware) doesnt...

but,,,considering we were getting the mismatchs in cfs3, im leaning heavily towards a bad cfs3 install...so the scans are probably not an issue at the moment...

ok,,,not saying your tech guys dont know what they are doing, but this repeatedly finds stuff everything else i use (avg,,adaware)

No problem. The malware people out there are very sneaky. 'Can't be too careful.

Nothing clever, just Googled the error code. You're not alone... Maybe let us know if the fix works.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-mail/173610-...92a0-0x000.html

As for the blue meter, you could try the three fingered salute, CTrl Alt Del , - check the list of what's running and see if you can at least find out what it's called. Just an idea, I don't have any suggestions. Never seen it before.

... Maybe let us know if the fix works.

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-mail/173610-...92a0-0x000.html

Well, something worked! I checked the link, read the postings, and as I was trying to sort out which piece of advice to attempt, I saw the offer at the bottom to do a Vista Check. I downloaded the app. and ran it. It found 624 things that should be fixed. I cliked on the GO button. It did its number but then informed me that with the free download you can only fix 15. I figured this was 15 each time you ran the scan. Nope. It's was 15 only. Ever. Unless you buy the program. I left, went to Control Panel and uninstalled it.

However; I opened OFF and, on a whim, cliked Multi-Player. It took me out to the field [with the two medals on the left]. I did not see the Error Message, but I did see the blue dial. Cool. So, I backed out of there and did a bit of QC. When I got back to the desktop, I tried the CFS3MP icon. Again, it took me out to the field. Blue dial, no Error Message. So it looks like Multi-Player is now an option for me. And just doing the mini-scam may well have shaken things loose.

Thanks for the help.