Gustav

First Eagles ScreenshotsThread

Wait a little quack74, I think somethig very nice is coming... :wink2:

Somewhere over France....

post-12727-0-00270500-1321906356.jpg

Nice Nieuport there, and I haven't seen a light blue Halberstadt in FE yet!

The BE is also nice, tho i hope one day wel will get a more 'mainstream' 1916-17 BE2c or 2e with the later undercarriage and the rounded sump housing under the engine.

The pics also remind me that FE/FE2 would I think benefit from an OFF-style treatment of 'the Lines' with blotches of green amidst the brown/earth colour, and not this big brown 'snake' aross the landscape. I know ROF has the same as FE (only darker) but I think the OFF depiction of 'the Lines' just looks a lot more realistic, all it needs is some water in some of the shell craters. We all know how fast grass and weeds grow and how hard they are to eliminate! I have no skill with paint programs but looking at the FE tiles I am tempted to give it a try.

Testing some things....

post-12727-0-02832000-1325100547.jpg

post-12727-0-78677300-1325100636.jpg

Ahaa! Had been thinking it would be good to adapt the SF desert terrain for a campaign in Mesopotamia!

Well, it's a long way to the final, as I'm thinking to cover the war since February 1917 until the end (you know, my "month by month mini campaigns method". I'll need to change front lines for different battles and doing ground war (which I have no idea). Some planes are placeholders with custom FMs, but i think it can be done as a nice package with some surprises. If someone wants to work with me, I'll be grateful!

The idea came after reading this page: http://alh-research.tripod.com/Light_Horse/index.blog?topic_id=1111256

By the way, it's not the SF terrain, but the WWI Palestine terrain by master Wrench!

Edited by ojcar

Well, it's a long way to the final, as I'm thinking to cover the war since February 1917 until the end (you know, my "month by month mini campaigns method". I'll need to change front lines for different battles and doing ground war (which I have no idea). Some planes are placeholders with custom FMs, but i think it can be done as a nice package with some surprises. If someone wants to work with me, I'll be grateful!

The idea came after reading this page: http://alh-research....opic_id=1111256

By the way, it's not the SF terrain, but the WWI Palestine terrain by master Wrench!

I've been making buildings and learning how to do other ground objects, let me know if you need planes, buildings, or other 3D stuff. The Middle East would be a great addition to FE.

Happy to help Ojcar altho you would probably spend more time describing to me what to do or how to do it, than you would save by my help!

Excellent that Stephen can help - FE could use better models of some of the early-war planes that played a big role in the Middle East, like the Halberstadt DII and maybe the elegant Martinsyde Elephant and/or BE2c.

Well, I think I can open a new thread....

Hi there, I'm new here, just thought I'd say hello, and post a couple of screenshots. As you can see, I'm thoroughly enjoying the sim ! Also just wanted to say a word of thanks to all for the reams of helpful advice on these forums ( a great help to me in getting everything up and running) , and for all the great mods and add-ons. FE is so much more than the sum of its parts, and that's down to all the hard work of the modding community: much appreciated !

I'm currently downloading all the bits and pieces for Ojcar's Armchair Aces 1915 Campaign, and really looking forward to my first FE campaign! Thanks again, guys.

gallery_28864_757_243902.jpggallery_28864_757_271674.jpg

gallery_28864_757_594849.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome DeIGS, and thanks for sharing the great screenies - the Fokker is particularly atmospheric, it's like a publicity shot from 'the Blue Max' (apart from the accurate markings)!

Welcome DeIGS, and thanks for sharing the great screenies - the Fokker is particularly atmospheric, it's like a publicity shot from 'the Blue Max' (apart from the accurate markings)!

Thanks, 33 Lima. Yup, The Blue Max is a superb movie, arguably some of the best flying scenes ever filmed. I watched "The Red Baron" on DVD yesterday...and all that CGI just can't compare to the one scene of the triplane flying through the bridge in TBM.

Anyway, I'm still having fun making screenshots, so many beautiful aircraft skins in FE !

gallery_28864_757_1284674.jpg:

Like that shot of the Aviatik! Do you recall where you got the skin? Don't see it here at CombatAce. I much prefer it to the stock light blue and darker tan versions.

If you have correctly followed Armchair Aces instructions, you have these skins already (but the grey and blue schemes were far more common for this aircraft)

Thanks guys, grabbing it now!

Nice screens and nice sky, DelGS ! :good:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Gustav, your screens are an inspiration. In fact many of them are now my loading screens! hi.gif

DelGS there is an updated lod at the A-team site for the Halberstadt that has the rudder moved into the correct position now.there is a link to it in their Model and Fix requests forum look for the Halberstadt rudder issue thread.you will have to update the data file to accout for the new rudder and elevator names though.