Gustav

First Eagles ScreenshotsThread

Thank you, Whiteknight, I'll have a look at that. I've had the "invisible pilot" problem with this aircraft as well, and the pilot files I'm using at the moment have shoulders that show through the cockpit (edited out of my screenies, until I get it fixed.) My FE installation seems to lack the WWGerPilot bmp and LOD....so I'm still hunting for that too..

gallery_28864_757_106639.jpg

Another nice pic, DeIGS, and another question - that looks like Jan Tuma's terrain but may I ask, where does the highly-textured airfield surface come from? Is it from one of the FE airfield mods? It looks very effective, and it would be good to have a hi-res ground texture where you see it closest, ie on the airfield.

Thanks, Gustav, your screens are an inspiration. In fact many of them are now my loading screens! hi.gif

:happy:

Thanks a lot.

Just a question, what mod do you use for the clouds, they're awesome ! :smile:

33 Lima, those are indeed Jan Tuma's tiles, but sadly the ground was an effect I edited in, the original was just a brown blur and looked awful, just one of the limitations of FE. I suppose it might just about be possible to use a texture like this in the airfield bmp's....but the airfield tile would have to be huge, 2048 at least, and the textures would still look blurry or pixelated close-up. So a little enhancement to give the right WW1 feel, I can't help myself, sorry :-)

Gustav, I'm fairly certain the sky I'm using is this: realistic sky mod. ( It was a long time ago, I've had the sim since 2007, downlaoded a few mods back then, but only recently got seriously into it!) I also use the IL2 clouds mod. Most of my screens are taken with the weather set to either "scattered" or "broken". I'll have to admit to some minimal editing of the sky in my screenshots, but nothing radical, just warming up the tones a little to remove the slight blue colour cast, but this is pretty much how the skies look in-game. One of the best mods ever.

Oh, and thank you, Whiteknight, the rudder mod works beautifully!!!

Edited by DelGS

33 Lima, those are indeed Jan Tuma's tiles, but sadly the ground was an effect I edited in, the original was just a brown blur and looked awful, just one of the limitations of FE. I suppose it might just about be possible to use a texture like this in the airfield bmp's....but the airfield tile would have to be huge, 2048 at least, and the textures would still look blurry or pixelated close-up. So a little enhancement to give the right WW1 feel, I can't help myself, sorry :-)

Gustav, I'm fairly certain the sky I'm using is this: realistic sky mod. ( It was a long time ago, I've had the sim since 2007, downlaoded a few mods back then, but only recently got seriously into it!) I also use the IL2 clouds mod. Most of my screens are taken with the weather set to either "scattered" or "broken". I'll have to admit to some minimal editing of the sky in my screenshots, but nothing radical, just warming up the tones a little to remove the slight blue colour cast, but this is pretty much how the skies look in-game. One of the best mods ever.

Oh, and thank you, Whiteknight, the rudder mod works beautifully!!!

Very interesting DeIGS, would your ground effect be a 'noise' one like these? - http://combatace.com/files/file/12378-ground-effects-collection/

Would you mind sharing your edit - my 8800GT may not be able to cope but I'd like to give it a try!

TIA!

Very interesting DeIGS, would your ground effect be a 'noise' one like these? - http://combatace.com...cts-collection/

Would you mind sharing your edit - my 8800GT may not be able to cope but I'd like to give it a try!

TIA!

Fascinating, I was unaware of the noise mod ! Looks very interesting, I shall have to give it a go.

Actually my mud-effect was just a simple generic soil texture from here: CGTextures , useful site to know about. But I''ve made no attempt to use it in-game, just as an edit of a screenshot. Still, it gives one an idea of what may be possible. Anyway the texture I used was this one.

Edited by DelGS

Here's another screenie, mostly unedited this time! grin.gif

gallery_28864_757_562397.jpg

Wooo, pretty! They look elegant rather than lethal but First Eagle's Pups are great little albatros-killers, one of my favourite add-on planes. Nice study.

Wooo, pretty! They look elegant rather than lethal but First Eagle's Pups are great little albatros-killers, one of my favourite add-on planes. Nice study.

Thanks, yes, much more delicate-looking aircraft than the pugnacious-looking Camel. Looking forward to trying it out against the albatri, if I live through 1915 ! shok.gif

I'm sure you will do well against the V-strutters in your Pup; I only missed this shot because I was too slow on the trigger:

I'm sure you will do well against the V-strutters in your Pup; I only missed this shot because I was too slow on the trigger:

Excellent shot !!! That's the way to do it, get in close and blast 'em !

And if your Hun made it back to base, I'll bet his first port of call was to drop his overalls off at the laundry...

Mine are usually snap-shots when someone accidentally strays across my nose..... while I'm in the usual vertical turn trying not to get shot down by his chums...frantics.gif

No.139 Squadron F.2B flown by Capt. Sydney Dalrymple Vs. a Phonix D.IIa of Flik16J in the summer of 1918. Pick from my "Battle of the Piave River" campaign. Not A great pick but a cool one.

post-33545-0-74364500-1333152258.jpg

And one from the old photo album :grin:

post-33545-0-06014500-1333152531.jpg

Quack74, I was missing your excellent Italian Front skins and campaigns. The Brisfit looks awesome!!!

I have sooo many skins for the Austria-Italian front I dont know where to start with packing them all up for download. I have 9 Aviatik D.I aircraft folders (Flik14, 16, 60, 42, 63 etc etc) each one of them has 12 skins and their own Hangar and Loading screens! Then theres the Phonix D.II and D.IIa's with all the same fliks and some. Thats just the Austrians :blink:

Edited by quack74

Currently installing Caporetto, and loving what I've seen so far. ( Its taking me a bit of time to get everything working right in my FE plus Exp install) I really appreciate all the hard work that's gone into this campaign and all those amazing skins, it all looks fantastic!

gallery_28864_757_1312009.jpg

For the next campaign i will be renaming the terrain towns and cities from the vogesen terrain. Since there is no Italy or Austrian map its the best I can do.

some Aviatiks of Flik16 flyby:

post-33545-0-66201300-1333385197.jpg

Flik60J vs No.28Sqn

post-33545-0-48188100-1333389917.jpg

Oh, that's gorgeous, Quack, would not be out-of-place in an exhibition of WW1 air war art. A really dramatic study, well up to RoF standards.

Someone's goin to lose this one!

post-33545-0-85167000-1333629587.jpg

Ohhhhhhh, Quack74, this last shot is beyond beauty. So immersive shot I can feel the fear and epinephrine!!!

Stephen's great new DH9, out on a squadron formation training flight, 'Somewhere in France', 1918:

Some pics of Fokkers to shoot down those DH-4's and 9's. These planes will be in my "Independent Air Force" campaign using Stephen1918's new DH aircraft. Thanks so much for these Stephen1918. These arent pretty pics just stuff Im working on for you.

post-33545-0-85933600-1333809728.jpgpost-33545-0-50259900-1333809741.jpgpost-33545-0-39697400-1333809756.jpgpost-33545-0-32665500-1333809773.jpgpost-33545-0-35073700-1333809784.jpgpost-33545-0-13015700-1333809800.jpgpost-33545-0-24800200-1333809821.jpgpost-33545-0-57741700-1333809834.jpgpost-33545-0-89307800-1333809846.jpgpost-33545-0-39784800-1333809862.jpgpost-33545-0-18026700-1333809878.jpg