Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Track IR Center Key - Bind to JS?

I have a Logitech Wiglman Force and would like to bond the TIR F12 center key to button - but it is not working. Anyone figure out how to do this?

Barkhorn1x,

I have TrackIR5 and from what I've seen from Homeboy's helpful set-up file, there are a few minor differences (I'll try to post a screenshot of that for all). In TrackIR5 the CENTRE button on the left hand side panel is where you can change the assignment for this key. In ver 5 it has a large sphere all around you that shows you by how many degrees your virtual view is moving, and is graduated in degrees. Underneath this are a few buttons, Centre, and a pause button amongst others.

But on the left side panel there is a selectable drop down menu that asks basically if you'd like to adjust your Yaw, Pitch or Roll. On this window is another button very similar to the one under your main display, marked "CENTRE". I was just exploring (because like I said, Homeboy's very useful guide is unsuitable for ver 5 - though still a good guide). I double clicked on this, and the first click selected it, then the second click of the mouse button then told me that now I had mapped my CENTRE function to my left mouse click. I quickly reselected F12.

It seems to me that if you can find a similar function for TrackIR4, that you would then click the joystick button that you have selected to perform this function. I guess that the first thing you should do then is to go to QC and see if it works in that fashion, and if it does, hit the escape key to bring down the in-game menu and map the key profiles to "Mine" again.

I'll have a try and see if I can find out whether this works for ver 5, as I too have gotten close enough to shoot using my chase view, and then swap over to virtual cockpit (yes its messy as I need to cycle through other views first before I'm presented with my TrackIR -enhanced virtual cockpit view - oh, and isn't that GREAT?) only to find that my view isnt over my iron sights, and I have to guess where my rounds will land while squirming in my sight to attempt to get a bore-sight down my Aldis sight (is that what it's called in a SE5a?). Sometimes by then, the moment is lost, as it was only a fleeting deflection shot.

Another thing you have to remember is that Homeboy mentioned in his guide that his set-up was VERY aggressive (as aggressive as he could stand). I think at first you'll have to tone it down a bit, then make it more aggressive after you've gotten more used to it. At first I couldn't even achieve 180 degrees to "check six" so I made a few adjustments, and now I'm comfortable with it. After a while I'll probably feel like it's a bit too "tame" and re-adjust.

Good luck anyway, Barkhorn1x

Blue skies

Edited by Steve Drew

Barkhorn1x,

Here is the screen in TrackIR5. On the lower left of the screen is the "CENTRE" select button, and next to it, the key that currently executes that command.

The large grid sphere that is graduated on the right spins around to display how many degrees left or right or up or down your virtual head movement creates, and on the extreme lower left is the little graph similar to those posted in Homeboy's guide.

The three dimensional heads on the right also rotate and move around to look at the rear for instance when youre pointing at 180 degrees (check six).

Hope that helps.

Hi Guys,

I'm at work now, I'll check when home (about 2 hrs) it can be done, as I have done it.

theres an option in one of the menu tabs for TraKIR4 that allows you to select which button you want to recentre trakir, you simply click the option then press the new button you wish to use. I have selected button 3 on my MS sidewinder. works a treat..

I'll post back with more info on exactly where to find this tick box once home.

regards Rob.

Edited by Capt. Winters

Hi Guys,

Hi Barkhorn1x,

ok to assign a joystick key as the centre button do the following

*open up the main TrakIR program

*then select the profile tab from across the top of the menu screen (tabs include: Main, profile, news)

*then highlight the profile from the list you are using (I use the combat flight one)

*then select the edit button from across the bottom of the menu screen.

*then in the new menu screen that pops up select the hot key button.

*then from the 3 available options (puase, Centre, Precission) select the centre change button.

*then press the button you would like to assign as the new centre button.

*then hit the OK button and your done.

now in game everytime you hit the new button you assigned you will re-centre your trakIR view.

HTH's

regards Rob.

Thanks Al,

its been a wee hiatus, but will be hanging around a bit more now.

regards Rob.

OMG - I am such a dumba$$!!

I never thought to just plug in the stick and hit the button via the TIR software. I was doing all sorts of other stuff w/ the Logitech software that wasn't working at all.

Two minutes later - all sorted and I am very happy.

Thanks for your help here.