As I've mentioned a few times.. been having issues with weapon models not appearing... got the latest drivers, etc. Windoze Vista SP2, and just Strike Fighters 2: Europe. I got KB's weps, etc. etc. But the issue I'm having (which I've narrowed down) is either it's a bug on SF2:E because it's repeatable. First it was AAMs, got that figured out, and fine. Now it's LGBs and laser Mavs. Figured this out from switching a IIIR Mav to Laser, and no see missile... I run it through the Weapons Editor and everything else shows up. I'd like to say operator error, but erm... I'm not totally retarded on working the issue. So what's the deelio?

I mean granted the aircraft recognizes the weapons, they fire... but it's just odd to fly around with no weapons on. So methinks it's a glitch in the Matrix. I'm sure somebody's got no issues, but after three reinstalls, and no worky.... gonna have to bug that one.

Eric,

Are you still using a weapondata.ini and dat file? I've dumped that entirely.

FC

I've migrated well over 100 weapons from NF4 to NF4+ with no problems...I can say with pretty high confidence that there are no weapons problems inherent in SF2E.

Eric,

Are you still using a weapondata.ini and dat file? I've dumped that entirely.

FC

Yeah... But the thing is all weapons act as they should. So I'm guessing I delete the weapondata that is installed and just drop them in the folder and it creates it's own based on the INI data already in the folder? But I still don't understand how it causes a rendering problem.. I'll reinstall it and try that theory out.

Gotcha column5, sometimes you gotta be the retarded one to figure stuff out...

I've not had this either (SF2, SF2V, SF2E on Windows XP) despite a large number of my own conversions plus Killerbee's weapons pack. Whenever something has failed to show or work as advertised, I've always managed to trace it back to "user error" in converting, or missing parts, etc.

True enough... but when you try all the limited tricks you can think of, and still no worky, time to ask.

Are you setting your weapons up using the new SF2 method?

No, I'm actually using the old method.

No, I'm actually using the old method.

Eric

Those weps I sent you, you have to set them just like that. Also when doing that make sure the model names matches whats in the data.ini, make sure you do not have too many dashs in the weapon. The new weapon format is very senstive to naming conventions.

Up under Weapons you need to create a folder for each weapon. Let's say the folder is "AIM-9N".

In that folder create a file called "AIM-9N.INI" and a file called "AIM-9N_DATA.INI". <-- Important, the primary INI file "AIM-9N.INI" MUST match the folder name.

Copy the LODs for the weapon to the folder (not necessary if the weapon uses stock LODs).

The AIM-9N.INI file will contain a set of data similar to an aircraft INI file, including the weapon name, name of the data INI, the names of the LOD(s), shadow information, and specular/glossiness info for the skin. I'd post an example but I don't have one handy--extract and check some of the stock weapons.

The AIM-9N_DATA.INI simply contains the weapon data. Always use 001 for the weapon number in this file.

Its time consuming but when you are done your weapons will be completely modular.

You don't have to use the weapon editor either--when set up this way all you have to do is drop a new weapon's folder in the Weapons folder and it will be installed automatically when you launch the game.

Nice that did the trick both :good:

Rock on!

It's actually simpler to make weapons now...the HARD part is migrating the old ones over.

I just decided to download and install KBs weapons pack instead...then migrate any weapons he missed.

FC

Like C5 I'm using the so-called 'Notepad' method and just don't bother with the weapons editor. Everytime I download an aircraft I convert any weapons that might come with it but only if I think I'll be needing them. It doesn't take long to build up a sizeable weapons pack and I plan to burn them to a CD every month or so in case I have a HD failure.

Yeah i converted all my weps to the new plug and play method - can see what i have now without the weps editor - and you only need to do it once

Well methinks more of a model issue, rather than just an INI issue now... The missing weapon image is the AGM-65G model, and the other one is the AGM-65E... not sure what the deelio is.

post-5735-1244981823_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1244981840_thumb.jpg

I have to say, this happened to me couple of times lately.

No maverick models are drawn but the weapons worked alright. Cant remember which airplane I had.

It's a modded installation of course but it should be clean, just kb's ordinance shop and few weapons added.

community aircraft & terrains.

Not very helpful sorry, I'll check the parameters next time it happens.

EricJ

Give me a few and I will have those for you.

EricJ

Give me a few and I will have those for you.

Ok Eric

Here you go.

I have to say, this happened to me couple of times lately.

No maverick models are drawn but the weapons worked alright. Cant remember which airplane I had.

It's a modded installation of course but it should be clean, just kb's ordinance shop and few weapons added.

community aircraft & terrains.

Not very helpful sorry, I'll check the parameters next time it happens.

Well in all honesty, it's not so much the aircraft, just teh weapon itself. I just happen to have managed to get those moved over lately so when things work better, I'll get more in.

And Dave, always appreciated bro, don't know what I would do without your help with this series :good:

I've been going through KB's weapons pack and there are a few errors in it, which is why you're seeing some of the stuff you're seeing (or not seeing). I'm slowly fixing stuff as they come up (as well as adding shadow entries...everything has to have a shadow).

FC

I've noticed some errors in between the folder name and actual name given in the data file under "ModelName=". One letter off here and there or a - caused the SF2 Wep Ed to kick out a new folder with the other name.

It took me a couple of times to notice the small difference after the wep wouldn't show up.

If anyone wants here is what I am working on. It a mix of everything and I am adding to it all the time.(KB have me a hell of a head start)

Where does one get that new AIM-9X skin????

In the current F-22 package.