Hellshade

Does P4 get it's own name?

... we were attacked by a mixture of DR 1 and DVas, all with black fuselages (anyone know what german squadron that would be?). At any rate, the sky is just filled with craft and it is more intense than ever. With the Tac display turned off as soon as I see a red blip, I find myself looking around like mad to be sure nobody is on my 6 once the furballs begin. I don't fly DiD because I use warp and unlimited fuel and there are so many planes in the sky I can rarely make it from one waypoint to the next without getting pulled out of warp because somebody is within 8 miles of me. It's not just the number of planes either. It's the variety of types and individual paint jobs that amazes me. I shot down an all black DR 1 that attacked my air field. I imagine he was an Ace but I have labels turned off so I can't be sure. I'll have to try and find out who because he was damn good.

/salute

Hellshade

I'd hazard it was Jasta 7, Hellshade. The 'ace' in the Dr. 1 would therefore probably have been Josef Carl Peter 'Kobes' Jacobs... depends what year it is where you are though.

I'd hazard it was Jasta 7, Hellshade. The 'ace' in the Dr. 1 would therefore probably have been Josef Carl Peter 'Kobes' Jacobs... depends what year it is where you are though.

I was in RFC 74 squadron at St-Omer, March 1918. He and his squadron mates looked pretty fierce in their black fuselage airplanes and they certainly didn't dissappoint in terms of skill and aggression. I've tangled with his friends a few times since then and I must say it wasn't always me who got the best of them.

Hellshade

While you are all suggesting new names for P4, I have another question will P4 have a new engine or will it still be CFS3 based.

I don't have a problem with CFS3 with BHAH installed (CFS3 on its own is another matter), I just remember reading a while back (possibly on the SOH forum) that the developers were at some point going to break away from CFS and design their own engine for OFF and wondered if we will get that as soon as P4.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

"Over Flanders Fields: Die Really Easily"

To cover the Italian campaign, "Over Flanders Fields:Hannibal Revisited" (crossing the Alps).

Is Anthony Hopkins making an appearance? :biggrin:

"Over Flanders Fields: The Revenge of the Field"

"Over Flanders Fields: The Field Strikes Back"

"Over Flanders Fields: A Field too Far"

"Over Flanders Fields and the Raiders of the lost Field"

"Over Flanders Fields and the Field of Doom"

"Over Flanders Fields: Super Amazing Fantasticalicious Sky Heroes of the Yesterday"

Edited by MikeDixonUK

planes of canvas, pilots of steel

pocpos

"Over Flanders Fields: Super Amazing Fantasticalicious Sky Heroes of the Yesterday"

just add "Gold Box Collectors Edition V4.0" and I think we got a winner.

Hellshade

How's about:

OFF-Phase IV

KISS YER FLAMING ARSES GOOD BYE!!!

Now new and improved with Nieuport 28's!!!!! wink wink nudge nudge.

:biggrin: Has a certain ring to it wouldn't you say?

ZZ.

Under Flanders Fields.Hell it is!

best

nio

:) nice ones guys keeps us cheered ;)

Welcome back Nio!

How about Arnold?

OFF: Over Deadman's Land

OFF: Over Deadman's Land

I like that :good:

Over Flanders Field: Splinters in your arse...it's that realsitic.

Hello,

My take is it already has a name: Over Flanders Fields.

All these names... "What are you playing?" "Oh, Over Flanders Fields Beyond Heaven and Hell Ace in the Ring."

If anything, my two cents is "IV." Over Flanders Fields IV. Short. Sweet. Classic.

You're welcome.

Hello,

My take is it already has a name: Over Flanders Fields.

All these names... "What are you playing?" "Oh, Over Flanders Fields Beyond Heaven and Hell Ace in the Ring."

If anything, my two cents is "IV." Over Flanders Fields IV. Short. Sweet. Classic.

You're welcome.

yes, but then somebody might confuse it with "over (ned) flanders fields", and ask you if it's a kind of simpsons sims :blink:

I'm with JFM there - hardly anyone said "Between Heaven and Hell" - it's "Over Flanders Fields" or "OFF".

So why not call it O.F.F. IV or more modern OFF v4.0

You could of course call it "OFF - 42" - the answer to everything. :grin:

(or "Beyond the Poppies" ?)

Edited by Olham

Might be time to think outside the box. (Ha ha ha! Pun was intended...... Just not that funny, cough cough..)

I read Hat in the Ring to signify the yanks were here, so we'd really need to know what's strategically different about OFF to think up a good name for it. Perhaps if somebody sent me a Beta copy I could err, I might be inspired to think of a good name for it. - perhaps "Mine all Mine at last ! Ha Ha!". ............OK, it was worth a try.

Maybe this time we might see a German word in the title???

With the arrival of these new 2 seater aircraft and Sopwith Snipes now confirmed, how about "O.F.F. - Sie kommen!"

(O.F.F. They're coming!)

Edited by Flyby PC

OFF: The Dawn of Aces

I do like having a unique name for each version and I think 'OFF: The Dawn of Aces' has a nice ring to it as Pappy originally suggested.

Or you could go with something like 'Fly your arse OFF'. :dntknw:

Edited by Shiloh

'Over Flanders Fields: The Great Air War'

'Over Flanders Fields: The Way of the Eagle'

'Over Flanders Fields: Wind in the Wires'

'Over Flanders Fields: Winged Victory'

Or any number of other classic WWI book titles that might fit well.