I have a weird problem. I was going along, in my 75SQN RAAF F-104G Starfighter, when the Fighter Contoller Lady advised me of enemy aircraft. She was right, two Su-22 Fitters, carrying the black cross of the WW2 Luftwaffe, where the Libyan green disc should have been.

Also, on one of my Russian MiG-21s (MiG-21F-13), on the right wing we get a random marking, with red stars everywhere else (Nicaragua for instance). In an enemy formation, it gives some weird combinations (in one flight of four, it had the markings of four different Central American air forces) Other bits of "geographical coordination: include a two-ship formation, Polish and East German.

I checked the file name entries in decals.ini, and they all say "Insignia".

Edited by Sheriff__001

Using the Su-22 as an example...

What nation does it say at the top of the DATA.ini?

What nation does it say in the skin texture.ini?

On the decals.ini what number is associated with insignia (1,2 or 3)?

Using the Su-22 as an example...

What nation does it say at the top of the DATA.ini? Libya

What nation does it say in the skin texture.ini? Libya

On the decals.ini what number is associated with insignia (1,2 or 3)? Here is the right upper wing: [Decal003]

MeshName=wing_right_outer

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=4.00,-7.18

Scale=1.5

DecalMaxLOD=3

Strike three. I'm out.

Baffling...

The Su-22 is also showing a Bahrain flag on the tail. I think I'll grab a new nations.ini file from somewhere.

Strike three. I'm out.

Baffling...

Now now Spinners...tell the truth !

It was one of your "What if's" that you just couldn't make your mind up about :biggrin:

ok from what I see it looks normal, though I had a problem a while back with a Royal Navy Skyhawk where every jet in the flight had a different nationality, progressing through the friendly nations list in sequence.

Turns out my issue was down to the decal level, though the fix was to set it to 0 as you already have :huh:

Craig

From TW decal tutorial: (I must have gotten it from TK's site, or here?)

DecalLevel=0 –> Nation ID

DecalLevel=1 –> Squadron ID

DecalLevel=2 –> Aircraft Number

DecalLevel=3 –> Kill Number

So your decals.ini looks to be correct, I'm baffeled too now :blink:

If the data.ini is set to LIBYA we can presume that your Su-22 has been made 'nation specific' by you or the original creator.

So, are the 'wrong' nations that you are seeing listed in other skins folders? Can they be deleted?

If your Su-22 has more than one skin folder is LIBYA set as TextureSet001?

Usually, the texture.ini's (in the skin folders) update the config.ini - check this.

Is the Su-22 exportable? If it's listed as true, the game can, and has, randomly generated markings for aircraft unless specifically "nationalized".

Yup, what Storm said.

Nationalized aircraft should ALWAYS have the exported= set to FALSE, even if untrue in the Real World ™ (example: RAAF Sabres eventually wound up in Malaya, etc, but my 'nationalized' versions have specifice start/end dates, with NO exportation)

This forces a narrowed "window of operations" for the specific country of use. S0, when they hit their expiration date, they get removed from the shelves, so to speak

wrench

kevin stein

And another little building block goes into my knowledge bank too!