Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

List of available keyboard commands

I just started learning this sim and find the default bindings to be pretty odd. Since this is based on a WW2 engine there are lots of free keys available for use. I'm going to spend some time thinking of a good keyboard map that makes sense and use that. Here's what I've found so far that we won't use in OFF. Corrections, additions and suggestions appreciated!

BRAKES: B

BRAKES left only: /

BRAKES right only: .

PARKING BRAKE: CTL + SHF + B

CANOPY OPEN/CLOSE: SHIFT + C

CYCLE GUNNER SEATS: F8

FLAPS: F

FLAPS RETRACT: V

GO TO BOMBADIER: F7

GO TO PILOT: F6

PANEL LIGHTS: L

SPOILERS DIVE BRAKE: D

Nice idea, but don't forget the Il2 factor. Lots of guys fly both, and it makes sense to build a comfy configuration which works with both Sims as far as you can. (Assuming you fly both of course). Makes it easy to switch between Sims.

Also, if you're still learning and progress through to multiplayer, the advice people can give you won't be as helpful if you've altered your default codes. Folks will tell you what to press, but it won't happen.

I also used to make a few Fraps vids, and had lots of weird combo's to get rid of tags, huds etc. My rig config would make no sense to anybody else, but it's amazing how quick your fingers find their way around the keyboard. (Maybe not that amazing when I recall my spelling....).

The Sopwith Strutter has dive brakes. You'll need that D key.

Tony the Tiger

Edited by tttiger

The Sopwith Strutter has dive brakes. You'll need that D key.

Tony the Tiger

Cool, just the sort of info I was looking for!

As far as multi-player, all my MP time goes to Falcon AF.

How is the MP in OFF?

F7 on one or two craft is used too btw.

DFW for one.

Shift+c opens window on N17 lewis for example. See the stick posts above this thread.. there's a great keyboard chart by Homeboy with ones that are used for OFF highlighted.