Dude, that screenie is frakking AWSOME!!!!

my compliments!

wrench

kevin stein

that really looks outstanding!!! :good:

just one tip / wish. I´ve seen in a screenshot from Eric, there are

F-104´s as groundobjects on airbases (maybe that are the models from Gepards Airbases for WOE) wouldn´t it make sense to replace them with aircrafts (wich works great with the lastest patch)?

Yes those Migs are from Gepard's german airfields pack. I started the project off w/ just positionining all the Turkish/Greek airfields at their correct spots/headings. Then the surrounding tiles were fit as cosily as possible. Next will be the actual removing of migs/replacing with TK's Parked Aircraft feature. And I'll do some random placing of trucks/AAA and stuff. So every airfield looks a little bit different. I'll probably design a few more original airfields in 3dsMax. (Right now 2 are in there, unfinished)

The bridges are again from Gepard. But they have a problem with the UVW map I think. Everything around them clips through the bridge. A ship passing under clips on top of the bridge when you look from above. I'll try to build the bridges myself, but this all adds to the project time, plus I'm just a beginner in Max. Still it's all fun and good to know you all will enjoy it :good:

Upgrading from XP to Win7 stalled the target creation last week, but with unsurpassed support from Swambast, I'm back on the throttle with STT, will be doing some factory/industrial target areas, and spread them all over. Both sides will have plenty of stuff to blow up! Picking up pace as we speak :ok:

Edit; Most of your suggestions go into my to-do list, please dont hesitate to point out even the obvious :) Thanks!

Edited by pureblue

Well to be honest with you that was going to be a recommendation, more towns, some more stuff. It's a beautiful terrain to fly in, but the more eye candy, the merrier :smile:

Small update; Populating central Anatolia now, a road network connecting cities, towns, factories and industrial areas. Couple of lakes between mountains, and some rivers winding through hills :)

The road tiles are painted in red/green just for easier development inside TE, they look normal in the game..

TE shot:

TileMap1.jpg

Lake Burdur:

img00052.jpg

Where two continents meet :biggrin:

(My Italian friends are helping out with objects, thank you guys!)

img00061.jpg

:good: Great shots man....

you're the best for me dude. What can ı say? perfect job. Fly crazy, protect country and no mercy... aahh ı forget, Check six forever:D

:good: outstanding nice work!!!

but 1 thing that would be (from my point of view)

better on the airfields. delete gepards aircraftmodels (f-104, miG-21, Tornado & MiG-29)

and make it so as in the stock terrains of SF2, so that there are every mission other aircrafts parked....

but thats just a little idea....

Edited by Soulfreak

I spy some new terrain objects.... :haha: I REALLY like those bridges!!!

the only oddity I see is at the end of the inlet; hard break line from the SC50/C tiles. Maybe 2 SC75s to close it off like a little bay? If they'll fit that is!

Looking terrific! Looks like I can retire soon... :rofl: NOT!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Pureblue!,,, or rather Parbleau! As they say her ein France where I am working,

I am gald "italian" friends are helping, and I am sorry I am too busy to help at the moment

anyway the Istanbul screenshot is amazing. the scenario is perfect. It really clicked in my mind for looking like something I ve actually REALLY seen!

Again we are proving that Turkish-Italian alliance works. Now if only we could make Istanbul Municipality finance AKOM for some more of that alliance..that would be perfect..

great work Pureblue! :good:

soulfreak where can I download the pack?

is it compatible to SF2:E?

thanks mates for the inspiring work

sunburn

"used to fly low and hit hard...a-7e"

that is not a pack. that are only groundmodels(very low detailed), wich are included in gepards german airfields mod for stock woe & gepards Deutschland terrain.

ok, I see.

Thanks for the clarification

sunburn

"used to fly low and hit hard...a-7e"

Thank you all. Soulfreak, that's today's job, I'd been meaning to do that. I've already added Parked aircraft for comprnt's Stock/Lighted Airfields and the ones I created. ;)

Wrench, yeah that's the Golden Horn, it's C-RivT tile. And SC75's wouldn't fit at all. Some new tiles are desperately needed, like SG/SR tiles on the seaside with road winding through, and again River tiles with roads going parallel. I want to take a crack at this but I don't want to redo them after Stary releases the new goodies :)

The Bosphorus bridge is alright, a straight conversion from Google Sketchup, normals corrected, scaled, no texture. I think I might play with the material color, specular values, to make it look acceptable. Also there are a few more monuments which aren't quite visible in the screenshot. And there's a bosphorus ferry in the works too :)

Hey Gabriel, did you see the Camlica Hill, it's actually filled with various towers/antennas..

[eankhilous, dostum sagol, bu cennet vatani oyuna aktarmak imkansiz ama elimden geleni yapiyorum!]

Edited by pureblue

I REALLY can't wait to fly under the BRIDGES!

Dito! :biggrin:

Having been testing this terrain it is one of the best we have had in along time.

Having been testing this terrain it is one of the best we have had in along time.

true words... ;)

Agreed, I fly this terrain in a free flight manner more than any other :smile:

:salute: Thanks!

I think I figured out how to texture the bridges. They don't look much plain now. Now if I could only add some kind of collision.. I think I need to check the mesh hierarchy. The object has about 120 named meshes, if I attach all these to one mesh, a huge collision box covers the bridge, I'll do some more experimenting..

Oh and there's still one other fantasy idea I'm playing with, if that works...! Well it's a surprise. :biggrin:

How about something like this :rolleyes:

IstanbulAtaturk.jpg

Anybody wanna try to make a taxiway texture for the terminal areas?

How about something like this :rolleyes:

Anybody wanna try to make a taxiway texture for the terminal areas?

Dude, that's looks awesome!

Edited by serverandenforcer

I don't think pureblue won't mind this shot, saw this today while checking out the latest build. Not textured yet but is a nice touch :good:

post-5735-1249006133_thumb.jpg

I don't think pureblue won't mind this shot, saw this today while checking out the latest build. Not textured yet but is a nice touch

:) Well that was a straight conversion too, texturing and normals need fixing. I still can't understand how the unwrapping is done, watched a few tutorial but still hasn't clicked yet.

I got a question, just created a basic floodlight model. Can I make the light glass, self-illuminated just like the formation strips on aircraft? This is what I am trying and it doesn't seem to work. Wouldn't they be kind of glowing at night? It's a plain White diffuse color, with self-illum turned on, applied to that mesh. :dntknw: