Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-22A Version 2.01 Update

That pit is looking rather tasty indeed, good job in taking this mod to the next level chaps.

Well I will say this Jimmy your skins still hold up as awesome.

I think the pit would look a lot better if those side panels were set at a more vertical angle compared to the bottom MFD. You can clearly see how it gets this very blurred out part underneath the panel which kind of kills it IMO.

Do you mean the perception of how deep the areas where the pilot's legs go are? I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

If Dels wants to change it, it will be up to him. He has really gone above and beyond for me and I do not want to impose upon him anymore.

cockpit_04.jpg

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28135

As you can see the whole bottom of the pit is angled way to sharp. If you can't see it I'm referring to the U/C, bottom MFD and Arming panel.

If Dels has the time for it he could easily add the prominent stick, throttle and ejection handle with simple planes that use alpha, especially if hands and feet are added to further mask areas one doesn't have proper refs for. The easiest way to do this would be to simply rip things from photos and assemble in PS. If you set the view angles so none of the pit is actually visible when looking sideways there is no reason to have that stuff modelled in 3D.

Edited by Julhelm

I understand Julhelm but read my previous posts. I am not going to bother Dels with something as minor as this. He wants to get to work in the B-52 pit.

I could do that stuff if it's OK with him.

I could do that stuff if it's OK with him.

I will get the final model today and I am releasing it tonight. (barring a natural disaster) But thank you anyway. :good:

Just thinking out loud here but what would people prefer? Very dedicated A2A version, or A2G version? Little of both. How are you more inclinded to use it? Me I will use for an A2A platform and use the F-35 as my A2G platform. Thoughts?

Maybe both personally, save on HD space.

Maybe both personally, save on HD space.

Oh I wasnt alluding to 2 sep planes like I did with the other one. Just curious on how most people will use it. Sorry I should of been more specific.

Ahh you know me man, A2G :smile:

Just thinking out loud here but what would people prefer? Very dedicated A2A version, or A2G version? Little of both. How are you more inclinded to use it? Me I will use for an A2A platform and use the F-35 as my A2G platform. Thoughts?

I'll use the 22 as an A/A platform and use the 35 as a A/G platform with limited A/A capability.

Falcon

if you guys want to use my legs from the F-35 cockpit, you are welcome to. PM me and I'll send them to whomever.

F-22 A/A, F-35 A/G

Just thinking out loud here but what would people prefer? Very dedicated A2A version, or A2G version?

Not a pound for air-to-ground. :biggrin:

What, he just doesn't want a pound for air to ground...like the Eagle was at one time.

:biggrin:

DC

^ LOL,WTF?!? (2)

ok , you guys are starting to scary me :blink:

^ LOL,WTF?!? (2)

ok , you guys are starting to scary me :blink:

You didn't know about the Fighter Mafia and the creation of the F-15?

You didn't know about the Fighter Mafia and the creation of the F-15?

negative Mr.Diamond...what about it? :blink:

OK, first of, yes indeed, the F/A-22 needs mud-moving potential. JDAMs, SBD's, the lot. Heck, that is why the latter was made.

As to the name-change chicanery, mEESTER bEEG pANTS, aka Column5, is having too much fun.

Lastly, the F-15 advocates were fairly vociferous during development on adding absolutely no accommodations for the deployment

of any air dropped iron, thus the above quote.

I hope I have clarified for all interested parties.