LOL, I know some of you love hearing me say that! :biggrin:

Anyway, had a moment of brilliant ignorance today.

I'm trying to get the the PaveTack to work in the F-111F in NF4+, and I'm getting nowhere. Quadruple-checked all the INI files, tried all kinds of ways to set up the pod with the weapon editor, but no luck. Spent well over an hour working on it, but could never get the TV display to come on when I select the bomb.

Moment of realization: For some reason, after my last test while sitting on the runway, I decided to take off. Because I had the GBU-12 selected, as soon as I took off and retracted the gear, the TV screen came on!

Apparantly at some point TK made it so that the TV screen won;t come on until you are airborne. I wanted to kick myself. There is an hour of my life I can't get back... :blink:

Anyone have a similar story to recount?

me too.... i was trying to deploy paratroopers from the starlifter with the gears down....after a half hour of trying i realized the gear was my biggest problem hehe.

Edited by Silverbolt

Oh I do stuff like that all the time. Typos are my biggest problem. I made a set of 100 decals once and redid them twice before I realized I had a typo in the decal.ini.

Did the very same with the B-52H_PV's EVS. I couldn't get the TV to come on. Same ini dance for a while until I tried taking off.

On another, it was when I was doing the skin detailing on the B-1, I kept getting goofy results. I was talking to Dave via ICQ realtime during all of this and he had to stop me from deleting the whole thing. I was at a lower in-game detail setting then him(high not unlimited), so my views were off.

I'm trying to get the the PaveTack to work in the F-111F in NF4+, and I'm getting nowhere. Quadruple-checked all the INI files, tried all kinds of ways to set up the pod with the weapon editor, but no luck. Spent well over an hour working on it, but could never get the TV display to come on when I select the bomb.

Moment of realization: For some reason, after my last test while sitting on the runway, I decided to take off. Because I had the GBU-12 selected, as soon as I took off and retracted the gear, the TV screen came on!

Apparantly at some point TK made it so that the TV screen won;t come on until you are airborne. I wanted to kick myself. There is an hour of my life I can't get back... :blink:

Same as you, but still no TV display at takeoff or anywhere else, any ideas or changes you'd have done, to make the tv display to work?

BTW i can fire LGB's and score but still no tv:(

Same as you, but still no TV display at takeoff or anywhere else, any ideas or changes you'd have done, to make the tv display to work?

BTW i can fire LGB's and score but still no tv:(

Its work right out of the box, there was nothing for him to change.

Its work right out of the box, there was nothing for him to change.

One thing I did do was set Specific Station Code F111 to the PaveTack, because the F-111F bomb bay is set that way.

Have the same problem with Heatseekers when on the runway I prep the jet for close dogfight switch to winder in case and no growl... until wheels up and about 100ft of the deck...

After being outside of the internet zone in the Wilds, I tried to add a `pit to the gladly released B-One.

Triple-checked INI's, tried another jet on the range to ensure it was installed OK, and still a CTD in singlemission.dll.

On the Range, as is my usual MO.

Was starting to fit my clown shoes and squeaky red nose, when I thought, waitadaminute. Range?

What size runway does it have? D'oh! Medium.

Tried it in ODS`91, way down the road, but there is a large runway. After an hour and a half dozen CTD's, I am up and away to B-One a herd of camels...

:blush:

Why yes I do, and this can be filed under the, "Don't fight air wars over central Europe when you're tired" category...

NF-4, 1986, leading a flight of Tornado F3's, flipping the radar on and off approaching bad guy territory, when, "Oops, there's trouble." Bad guys, one o'clock, slightly high, closing fast...I'm doing the track and scan thing cycling through targets, tell the flight to drop tanks, and select nearest threat on the radar ready to launch a Skyflash as soon as Ivan gets within 20 miles, the faint blue box is just hovering in my HUD, this guy is toast...

20 miles comes, and 20 miles goes, in range, mash the button....Nada, no launch, hang fire, you are a no go at this station...What the? 18 miles now....Select target, got it, dial weapon up, yup, mash button...NOTHING....Scheiss! I can visually target the bad guy by now, tell my wingy to take the guy out, go to a sidewinder and pop the other guy...The stick is obviously working, I can get 'winders off...

...and then the light bulb goes on...

Hey dummy, lock the target up...Between being tired and having a visual cue with the scan mode on I had completely forgotten to lock the target up...

Yeesh...Shortly after this revelation I vaporized somewhere over Hof, end of campaign...

Why yes I do, and this can be filed under the, "Don't fight air wars over central Europe when you're tired" category...

Only slightly less famous classic blunders:

Never get involved in a land war in Asia

and

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!