Sign in to follow this  
peter01

AI mods to early planes

Took some time to get the early AI going well, which I think they now are in the sense that the early AI fly well, but aren't as hectic as later war AI, and about right performance wise, ie, you'd find it difficult shooting down a Fokker E3 Ace in a MSL, or a Dh2 Ace in a Fokker E3, but superior in a N11/Dh2 against a Fokker E3 AI Ace, etc.

I think it works very well, combat is slower but still difficult. It is sort of more WW1'ish :), certainly for earlier planes.

Have also modded the Hannover CLs AI and gunners again. The AI will turn and dogfight better now (they are quite capable even for player), but slower, and the gunner isn't as good. The balance works very well I think - you can beat them as AI now, but you still need to be careful. The combo of a fighter plane with a rear gunner as AI was difficult, and needed some tweaking of AI parameters to work decently.

I'll upload to the main file in the Downloads section later, but for those that just want to install these changes I prefer to make them available here on the forum for those that have already installed that pack since the last update.

24 FMs: Couple of Albs (D3, my version of TKs AlbD5 version of D2), all FokkerEs, HalbD3, all early Pfalzes, Hannovers, Dh2, Fe8, all Moranes, Bristol Scouts.

Couple of things, as usual:

The Bristol Scout FMs are changed, as is the Halberstadt. They are certainly better, but avoid high speed dives (over 120 mph), its hard to pull up.

Someone had a problem with my MoraneN FM causing a CTD. Its now fixed, there were duplicate entries in the FM. In fact many planes do have have typos etc introduced, and sometimes when doing FMs, they cause a CTD for me too, and then I find and fix. Needless to say the Morane N wasn't a problem for me, which is very strange, so didn't know and couldn't fix. But guys, if there are problems, let me know please ...

06_16_2009_AI_Update_1915_17_FE_Plane_FMs_for_Nov_2008_Patch.zip

Edited by peter01

Great timing sir!

THese arrived just in time for some last minute tweaking on the plane fest.

I have run out of word to thank you for the effor your putting into this game .. You Rock!! :clapping:

Awesome Job :good:

Never stop Peter01 THANKS for all the hard work you put into this fine sim.

Hi, I use this topic 'cause it's indicated for report any eventual problem regarding this mod.

I have FE1 with the expansion pack and I updated it with november 2008 patch, then I installed this update but I cannot see all the planes listed (for example the SopwithPup). If it's useful to fix this I can list what planes are present as a folder in the "aircraft" folder, but not active.

Thank you for the help!

Well, no...

I tought that with the pete01's FM I would have added some airplanes as Spowith Pup, but maybe I made a big mistake. I once added Ansaldo airplane with no problem but have no experience except that. I tought that pete01's FM was a sort of "pack of airplanes". If you have some hints they would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you for the explanation whiteknight06604!

I'll follow your suggestion to have the planes :)

Best Regards!