Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

PlaneFest II

LOL. "The Edge of Insanity"

Superb mate, you should put this up on youtube.

Edited by peter01

Here is the list of planes that will be in the 1st Release

Sorted By Country

RAF:

---------------------

ScoutC1

ScoutD1

MSTypeH

MSTypeL

moraneN

ScoutD

Avro504D

Fe2B

ScoutC

Dh2

Fe2D

DH-4

Fe8

Pup

F2B

Triplane

CamelF1_110

CamelF1_130

SE5a

Dolphin

CamelF1_150

Snipe

French:

---------------------

Nieuport11

Nieuport16

Nieuport17

Nieuport17bis

SPAD7_150

Br14

SPAD7_180

N24bis

Hanriot_HD1_Dual

N24

N27

N27_Dual

N27_FAS

N27_RFC

SPAD13

SVA5

N28

German:

---------------------

PfalzEI

PfalzEIII

FokkerEI

FokkerEIa

FokkerEIII

FokkerEIIIa

FokkerEIV

FokkerEIVa

AlbatrosD1

HalbD3

AlbatrosD2

AlbatrosD3

PhonixKD1

OefAlbatrosDII

AlbatrosD5

AlbatrosD3_OAW

AlbatrosD5a

FokkerDr1

PfalzD3

PfalzD8

SchuckertD3

FokkerD7

FokkerD7F

PfalzD12

FokkerD8

German Bombers:

------------------------

PfalzBI

AviatikC2

PfalzEIIIAO

PfalzEIIIO

DFWC1

Staaken

Walfisch

DFWC5

AEG_G4

GothaGIV

HannoverCLII

HannoverCLIII

Allied Bombers:

----------------------

MSTypeLAO

BE-2A

BE2

Ca3

HP400

SP3

BE-2D

RE8

Salmson2A

Hi Firecage,

Hope you don't mind, but just a few points/questions:

I have done a Hanriot italian, the dual won't work well with this patch.

Be2? Is that the Be-2c? i haven't ever done a Be-2a, I don't think original FM will work AI-wise for this patch.

No martinsyde G100?

No Farman? The farman i did is a lotta fun to bomb in, or shoot down. Its a good addition I think.

No Dh4?

No Fokker D2 or D3?

You have the Scouts down several times.

Br14 is a bomber.

Finally :), I haven't done the N27 FAS and Dual or N24 Bis, nor Fokker D8, Pfalz B1, PfalzE3AO for this version of the game. if you think they work, thats okay, but maybe point out that they need to use a different FM pack (the oct 2007 version that I did for those files). Otherwise it gets confusing I think.

I have asked Hinchinbrooke a day or so ago if I could publish a FM I did for his Zeppelin. i use it in my campaigns, with squadron size 1 (too big for formations), with several squadrons. Seems okay but very easily brought down by AAA, its such a big target. If you were to include it you'd need to set resupply on high.

Edited by peter01

I have done a Hanriot italian, the dual won't work well with this patch.

Easy enuff to change but its seems to be doing ok so far in the test runs on the Dual. This game does some wierd things at times but all in all its not bad at all with some of the planes that haven't been re-FMd

Be2? Is that the Be-2c? i haven't ever done a Be-2a, I don't think original FM will work AI-wise for this patch.

Yes I have a Be2 (which I think is the C model) and also and A and D Model I have found here at CA downloads somewhere along the way.

No martinsyde G100?

No Not in the 1st release.

No Farman? The farman i did is a lotta fun to bomb in, or shoot down. Its a good addition I think.

Yes There is the FE8

No Dh4?

Yes the DH4 is in there

No Fokker D2 or D3?

Not at this time

You have the Scouts down several times.

I ran across 4 different versions of the Scouts around here somewhere,

Br14 is a bomber.

Yes I have it in the campign right just listed wrong above.

Finally :), I haven't done the N27 FAS and Dual or N24 Bis, nor Fokker D8, Pfalz B1, PfalzE3AO for this version of the game. if you think they work, thats okay, but maybe point out that they need to use a different FM pack (the oct 2007 version that I did for those files). Otherwise it gets confusing I think.

Yes I know they havent all been done but they are pretty flyable in the game still and I have them included. I have the planes you re-FMd and some you havent. its a mix of fun.

I have asked Hinchinbrooke a day or so ago if I could publish a FM I did for his Zeppelin. i use it in my campaigns, with squadron size 1 (too big for formations), with several squadrons. Seems okay but very easily brought down by AAA, its such a big target. If you were to include it you'd need to set resupply on high.

Doubt I will try and Zep untill some FM releases come out that I like,

"No Farman? The farman i did is a lotta fun to bomb in, or shoot down. Its a good addition I think.

Yes There is the FE8"

Borts Farman.

"No Farman? The farman i did is a lotta fun to bomb in, or shoot down. Its a good addition I think.

Yes There is the FE8"

Borts Farman.

Yea, there are a few of borts planes that will probably make it into the fest next run. I have the frame work done now and I can add to it as I need. Probably next release when I find all the mistakes and typos that need to be fixed.

haven't flown fe in along time,just what i needed to get back into it!i've always enjoyed your camps.

Hello Firecage

I'm new to First Eagles - bought the Gold Version yesterday. I found the "Planefest II" campaign in the download section, but it seems to me half of the required planes are not available here. For example no Pfalz III anywhere? The link to the required planes and FMs has changed as well it seems.

Same problem for other campaigns too.

I'd really like to fill up my "newborn" install with a decent load of planes, but somehow I'm missing where I can get them? Seems to me I missed some major changes in the community, I realize at least one major site now needs a password? Very confusing for a newbie.

Edited by Helmut_AUT

Yes, that major site needs a major password you'll get if you register there.

I was hesitant to apply since it didn't sound like they were too keen on new users. So it should not be a problem?

If you do not apply, you will never get the planes needed, so it's your choice.

As far as the DH4 goes, I'm working on a bunch of skins for it now. The flight model is a bit off but useable. Bombs appear and drop as they should. AI is ok too. So I'm doing 4 or 5 different Squadrons. Finished the painting of the plane now finishing up the decal placing. Have to create some black serial #'s that go on the rudder. Will post it soon for anyone who might want it. Again the flight model is still a little off, but Peter01 has touched it up a bit so it's useable. He said he would work on it again when he gets a chance. Thanks Peter01. Also I had mentioned over at SkunkWorks "Capun1950" that the shadow needs a small fix as well. He will look into it when he gets a chance. He's very busy now from what I understand. Thanks Capun.

Firecage, Is there any others I could do for you? Before It really wasnt too clear which plane skins you wanted. Or needed. I know Plane Fest was already released, but I see some planes on the list that could use a somewhat decent skin.

quack74:

Definately loking forward to your new DH4 skins. :ok::clapping::good:

Hello Firecage

I'm new to First Eagles - bought the Gold Version yesterday. I found the "Planefest II" campaign in the download section, but it seems to me half of the required planes are not available here. For example no Pfalz III anywhere? The link to the required planes and FMs has changed as well it seems.

Same problem for other campaigns too.

I'd really like to fill up my "newborn" install with a decent load of planes, but somehow I'm missing where I can get them? Seems to me I missed some major changes in the community, I realize at least one major site now needs a password? Very confusing for a newbie.

Hi Helmut welcome to the forum! :good:

It is all a bit confusing for a newbie! But they are a great bunch here and will really help you get the best from your sim! I have only been active a short while here but have found out a great deal.

The patience of people here is great. Especially explaining things to a technophobe like me! Check out the Thread on the "Camel FM" I started. Now my camel acts like a camel. No I don't mean spitting and cr--ing all over the place or harbouring a complete tribe of fleas! :biggrin: it is skittish and fights you in the turn but like the real camel fantastic when you master it. Living long enough to master it is the only snag!!

There is a great deal of scope in this sim. Again welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. I guess it's just the usual problems when you enter a well-developed and modded flight sim, to get your head around stuff other people "grew up" with. Some of the download links here now obviously don't work since FE got it's own section recently. Other stuff that likely was there before now isn't anymore.

All understandable, just a bit complicated ;)