Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Planes and Airfields

In my download of the Libya Terrain, I noticed today that static aircraft at airfields are not in the Barracks correctly (see screenshot). What should I do to correct this.

Thanks

post-28493-1245128069_thumb.jpg

Use the correct Airfield.INI (Post Patch Oct.08 or SF2) for the Airfield.Lod shown in Your ScreenShot.......

Looks like Airfield5.INI......

That's Runway 4, the LARGE airbase. So, airfield4_data.ini

btw, it's never done that for me, pre or post patch. Which version of Libya, and which airfield ie: the name of the base?

wrench

kevin stein

Use the correct Airfield.INI (Post Patch Oct.08 or SF2) for the Airfield.Lod shown in Your ScreenShot.......

Looks like Airfield5.INI......

Correct! Looking at the approach lights, which look like part of one of my earlier uploads for SFP1, you need to extract the latest Airfield.ini file from the Terrain CAT file, open it and copy everything between the first statement "[Runway001]" up to (but not including) "[DRMModel]". Paste these lines into you existing Airfield_layout .ini file to replace the old style parking and taxi statements.

This problem is caused by the approach lights mod using the pre-Oct 2008 Airfield.ini files as their base ('cause the mod came out before Oct 2008 ;-) ).

Ideally I should update these lighting mods but haven't had the time. It's simple to fix though. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.