Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

Welcome new posters....

I see some new faces around here lately. I'd like to extend an official CombatACE welcome to the First Eagles forum to Gustav, Iagoba, and mihcman. Sorry if I've missed anyone else. If so feel free to introduce yourself. Any questions...ask Bucky. :biggrin:

Thanks! :wink:

Hi to all! I ´ve been looking for a "present yourself" place, but I´m lost on the inmensity of the forum.

FE has been my favourite WW1 flight sim since I I downloaded it (I had been looking to try it for a year, but buy it for only 3 flyable planes seemed a stupidity, and I´didn´t know of add-on aircrafts...). A couple of hours later, I bought the original game and the expansion.

Dawn Patrol has been dethroned, at least. But "Rise of flight" is coming...and seems impressive. :blink:

Hello everybody !

I've play on SFP1/WOV/WOE since many years but I've just bought FE the last week and this is a real stunning game !

I'm better known on others forums like french CheckSix forum as "Farmer" and my main hobby is doing edited screens with FS2004, CFS3, Wings Over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe and now First Eagles ! :yahoo:

Ciao !

For a second, I was checking out the walls to see what new posters were put up...

:biggrin: Just keep yer hands off Cheryl Tiegs.

...Any questions...ask Bucky. :biggrin:

:good: ...Unintentional deletion of important files a speciality!

Day or night...Just call!

Bucky

I am fairly new here.

I bought FE when it first came out. Was not impressed and got rid of it.

Recently I found this site and the add ons so I purchased FE and expansion and got downloading. Now I am completely sold on the sim!!

I also enjoy FSWW1 which is a real work of art.

It really is great that WW1 flight simming is taking off. If you excuse the pun. We have FE, FSWW1 and OFF with RoF comming!

What is worrying is FSWW1 and OFF have been created by the the shear hard work and dedication of some very dedicated members of the flight sim community. All for free (OFF BH&His now payware but at a very reasonable price). Even IMHO FE has been

improved by beyond all recognition by the efforts of gifted simmers.

Why have the commercial companies ignored what to me is a most interesting period of aviation?

I think reason #1 is flight sims in general don't translate well into console games and that is the target market these days. Reason #2, WWI is probably the least popular genre for flightsims.

Sorry, that would have to be Korea! In the last 20 years, I believe MiG Alley was the lone entrant into this category!

I admit there was a long WWI drought, but between FE, OFF, FS-WWI, and RoF not to mention other mods WWI is picking up steam.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about Korea...well there ya go. :biggrin: