Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

562nd Training Squadron (Virtual)

Similar to what Rich Sorochak did for LOMAC, I was thinking under the auspices of trying to make a central place for tactical help in the SFG series (as well as SF2), so if interested.... contact me.

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/index.htm

Similar to what Rich Sorochak did for LOMAC, I was thinking under the auspices of trying to make a central place for tactical help in the SFG series (as well as SF2), so if interested.... contact me.

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/index.htm

I like your idea :good: What about also providing basic flight training for people new to the sim. I know when i put my mates on SFG to have a bit of a fly around they really struggle to get the hang of it. If you want, ill draw up some basic missions such as takeoff's, landing, basic flight skills, stuff like that you know? Also, online training might be good, say in a MP game? Could get some of the more experienced gamers in to lend a hand at training. If i knew how to get SFG online i would certainetally lend a hand.

Well the basics are fine, but this isn't so much like an "operational" squadron. Internet reliability and all that while deployed is a different matter, but may exercise that option when I get back to the states. It's merely another training squadron (much like the USAF, etc.) but not a "fully functional" one. And I never MP SFG ever so it's mainly tutorial based, not so much as live.

But if you can work something up I wouldn't mind.. I've still got a few things to tweak before I release something of my own.

Ahh ok, well, ill contribute some tips, ive got a few tricks up my sleeve haha.

I think you should make it the 560th FTS instead...:biggrin:.

Eric, I was thinking the same thing. I know that STORM and dwcace and myself were planning on a set of training missions using the T-6, T-38 and AT-38.

FC

This is great guys, training missions w/ trainer aircraft, designed by people who've really been there and done it :)

Also maneuvers, procedures, tactics, the knowledge.. we all read from books/internet from time to time, but nice to gather them under a Training Squadron Site, and present it w/ WoX series..

great idea Eric :good:

I've been PMing PACMAN about defeating the SA-10... and while real world info is nice... it doesn't help the sim pilot given the complexities and how much people know.

Well not sure how you want to work it FC if you are all going to go ahead with it, or just like "Guest writer" etc... that is of course you plan to submit or create your own site.

And that's fine scouserlad13, just send when able.

pureblue yes, most flight sim communities have them, and Ironhand's LOMAC site was the best "clearing house" for most tactics and tutorials for that sim, and always was a great site to visit.

Greetings for this I would be interested. As my forte in the SFG games is Weaseling... I can put some docs together for that... and maybe hand over some of my SAM missions for them to learn how to deal with single threats all the way up to multiple axis threats for different era's

1960's SA-2 & Mig 17/19's With Early F-4's and A-4's Mirage's you get the idea...

1970's SA-2/3 & Mig-21's With F-4's etc

1980's and up SA-8 and up with Mig-29's or Su-27's... With Teen Series fighters

Anyway be a bit like Green Flag... if I remember the Flag's correctly

pureblue yes, most flight sim communities have them, and Ironhand's LOMAC site was the best "clearing house" for most tactics and tutorials for that sim, and always was a great site to visit.

Yes Ironhands and Beach's tutorial videos were great, and some background story adds to the experience.

I wish TW sims had some kind of replay functionality to do voice overs and stuff, but I guess you can do that in real time if you wanted.

Will some of these be designed to fly with the Hard flight model? If the aircraft is suitable, could be an option.

Personally, I think it should all be done with the HARD flight model...otherwise, you'll start learning bad habits that you'll have to unlearn.

FC

I agree with FC Hard setup including weapons delivery get used to flying it as you would in the game...

its the only way to fly... for me...

but thats my own personal choice...

Edited by PACMAN

Okay before this gets out of hand:

- Whatever works for you. Do I fly in Hard mode? No. Should I? Maybe. The fact of the matter is that if you're going to submit something, it'll be your personal responsibilty to explain the tactic, whatever, in whatever mode you're working with, both pros and cons. No need to get into a contest on who's more experienced or who's not. It's customizable to whatever suits you, fine, but be sure to explain that X tactic works with Y flight model. It's the only way to be fair.

And it goes to say that there's enough drama going in the flight sim community, my site should you choose to submit, is not a place for it. Nor is it a place to besmirch somebody's preference. I've flown sims for 15 or so years, so if I prefer Normal while others prefer Hard, so be it.

But I'm also open-minded, as it's not era-specific either. I'll break it down by decades in order for a more varied setup.

Question?

How do i actually submit something to your page?

The email link at the bottom of the page

Righty o' then ill get on some tactics for you, well after ive completed my geo assignment :good:

Okay! :good:

Added my old Guided Weapon Use tutorial, better start giving it some life. Adobe Reader is required to read the file.

I like your idea, sounds like a KB for tactics and training! I'll try to submit something when I get a chance.

Yeah it's pretty much that. There's alot of knowledge, but not enough shown around, but sure thing!

After months of working on, being lazy, Low Level Flight Tutorial for SF1/WoX/SF2:

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/Tutorials/LLFWOX.zip

Kudos to Spectre_USA for being the ad hoc Editor-In-Chief :good:. Please feel free to suggest any additions, etc. etc..

Format is in Adobe PDF

Edited by EricJ