Sign in to follow this  
Pappy55

It arrived!

Both CFS3 and OFF: BHAH arrived form ebay today :)

I sent the seller a massage asking for the order code which he was more than hapy to supply me with. Now all i need is my bloody joystick back from my work friend.. A 360 pad along with CH Peadles and throttles is just wrong..

But hopefully later tonight I can fly

Nice one!...TrackIR?..... Really does add a lot!...If you don't have it already, we can all highly recommend!!

I have one already, I got it for FS 2004 but I fly in 2d cockpit more than 3d on that. I will most definatly be setting it up for OFF

Enjoy Pappy!

I got myself a TrackIR5 for the use with OFF, and can't recommend it enough. Absolutely vital in aerial combat. I seriously don't know how I ever shot down any enemy in any flight sim without this device.

I reloaded M$FSX to learn how to fly using rudder pedals as I'd just taken delivery of my first ever set, and used TIR with that, but found it a bit of a chore, and really unnecessary in the (generally) level flight path one takes when there's no fokkers (in Halberstadts) shooting at you.

In combat flight sim, a MUST!

Just been using it again and its soo much fun, I can turn back and look down the tail of my se5a of the hun taht is about to make me his next tally..

Still trying to get used to useing it again but the more i use it the easier and more natural it will feel.

What is different about the Track IR 5 over the IR 4 Pro?

Pappy, sounds like you hit the lottery!

I have TIR4 but I think the 5 has a wider operating range

Here's a little tip;

TIR can be customized by adjusting the curves for each DOF

I always set the center 3 points to 1 for the X & Y axis

This allows for small little movements necessary for lining up your gunsights

Pappy,

I can't tell you definitively the difference between TIR 4 and TIR 5 as I've only ever used Ver5. If you look at the sticky thread on setting up TIR by Homeboy (BH&H General Help Forum - http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=39313 ), you can see a screenshot I took of the setup page for TIR5. Seems to me to be quite different to Ver4. You can read Homeboy's post towards the end where he describes it as "pretty buggy", but using Homeboy's great guide for Ver4, I was able to set mine up pretty easily, and I haven't struck any problems with it (though it is still referred to by the manufacturers as a "Beta" version.

Thanks for the tips Duce. I think I might try to tweak mine a little bit more.