Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Strange Problem with B-52 Stand-in cockpit

I have set the SHOWFROMCOCKPIT=TRUE on the Nose and Fuselage as well as changed my near clip distances to number that practically equal zero before defaulting back to 0.2 and I still can't get the pillars or canopy frames to show in my B-52H stand-in pit. It's the one that is uses the C-130J pit and avionics. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :dntknw:

Do you have the Line

OpenCockpit=TRUE

in the cockpit ini????

won't work without it

wrench

kevin stein

Isn't that the same as ShowFromCockpit=TRUE? I don't remember seeing that one in there. Everything else shows but those frames in the front. If I was on the game I'd do a screenshot right now.

Edited by TheStig

showfromcockpit= should be in F-something_cockpit.ini

and the showfromfuselage= should be in F-someting_data.ini

So if everything else shows, such as the frame around it, is that still an open cockpit issue? Or is this clipping related still?

It works JUST fine without the clipping mods....trust me. That's not longer needed with 08 patch levels, as it has the FE coding for the open cockpits

The "ShowFromCockpit=" lines ONLY go in the _data ini, in the named components (nose, fueselage, tail, etc).

This is from the (as yet unreleased) F-103 Thunderwarrior's cockpit ini:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=F-106_Pit

Position=0.00,6.75,0.63

OpenCockpit=TRUE <---

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=150

MinYaw=-150

wrench

kevin stein

Stig, are you using the 08 patch? I had the same issue with my 06 patched install but my 08 install works fine.

Silly question...are you sure the particular model you are using HAS inner faces on the pillars?

FC

Also, with the OpenCockpit line postioning is beyond critical....off by 1 or 2 cm, and you see nothing, even on those with framing visible internally.

One way to check IF framing exists, is use the F12 free camera, and 'back down' the fuselage a meter or two. If the framing shows, you're pit's not positioned right.

I know this very well, from dialing in the 103's pit

wrench

kevin stein

I'll give this a try when I get home to see if the pillars show. I don't know if there is inner framing on the inside. There is on the outside that is for sure.

BTW I still owe you guys a screen shot of what I'm talking about.

Okay I have tried everything recommended to me and it hasn't worked. I don't think this plane has these frames modeled inside the plane. I am going to get the B-52 G/H from Column 5 and see if it works with that one.

I'd make sure all the ShowFromCockpit lines say TRUE. I'm using the B-52H late and it works. Try using these numbers as a starting point in the cockpit data initial. Under [cockpitseat001]:

Offset=0.0,-0.075,0.0

Position=-0.633,16.1,1.6