Sign in to follow this  
JDSnypes

another combat flight simulation

i dont know how old this game is but i just found it out yesterday.I think the name of the game is Seven-G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbKAliah-48&feature=fvw

the guy put settings on infinite ammo and no damage but what cached my eye is how AI MIG use flares effectively so no one can lock to him. I kinda wish TW series are like that, i really havn't seen enemy planes even in addon mig 29 use flares.

I think I've seen the AI use flares in the Thirdwire games. But not as often as a human player.

Seven-G is still in developing phase, you can download a beta from their site http://www.seven-g.com/

It needs a lot of refinement, but it looks promising, and you can have some fun doing carrier traps on the bug.

the guy put settings on infinite ammo and no damage but what cached my eye is how AI MIG use flares effectively so no one can lock to him. I kinda wish TW series are like that, i really havn't seen enemy planes even in addon mig 29 use flares.

Addon and stock AI aircraft do use chaff, ECM, flares, and even beaming.

FC

...but what cached my eye is how AI MIG use flares effectively so no one can lock to him. I kinda wish TW series are like that, i really havn't seen enemy planes even in addon mig 29 use flares.

Cos no stock Migs has faffs/chlares. No Mig-21 series were equiped with dispensers (except some newest/licenced). Similar with Mig-23 series. And if you add faffs/chlares this do not mean that Mig-21/23 will escape from Lima/Mike eye. Marcfighters Su-27 has flares too for example.

i dont know how old this game is but i just found it out yesterday.I think the name of the game is Seven-G.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbKAliah-48&feature=fvw

Must be something with your set up because they all most certainly do use them.

Must be something with your set up because they all most certainly do use them.

Yep and I would add they sometimes use it irritatingly effective lol

Despite the wording used - Im assuming you are referring to (like in Falcon 4) the AI is releasing counter measures before a missile has been fired at him.

Whether TK would actually want players locking onto flares before firing missiles (ie the HUD symbology actually locking onto flares too) - well thats up to the stubborn git :biggrin:.

Anyway i guess in a few years we can review if G-7 is actually making any progress towards a good sim.

Edited by MigBuster

I remember playing the early phase months ago, looked promising.

In this video, I like the higher POV when carrier landing.

And the floating t-box on HUD looks very nicely done, if you know what I mean. In most sims it's perfectly placed on targeted plane.