Sign in to follow this  
OvS

OvS is invited to take up the Kaiser's new weapon for a spin.

These recent photos of me playing with the Kaiser's new plane over Jasta 10's field should solidify that the boys of OBD Software are committed to you and making your WWI experience unforgettable.

To be included in a an add-on sometime in the future...

We introduce the new Fokker E.V... still a WIP, but complete enough to give you guys that have waited a long time for this one a sweet taste! :)

These are unofficial, and are not to be posted anywhere else... hence all the stamps. We'll release official photos some other time.

post-45836-1245541895_thumb.jpg

post-45836-1245541908_thumb.jpg

post-45836-1245541916_thumb.jpg

post-45836-1245541923_thumb.jpg

post-45836-1245542174_thumb.jpg

OvS! You don't have a mistress named Kaeti do you?

Hey, WomenFly2, look at this! WomenFly2??? (She must have fainted).

Well - this beauty could sure make me leave my Albatros for some late war campaigns!

Great pics, OvS!!!

Looks great! I'm looking forward to taking her for a flight. But one should be really careful with this plane in combat, the wing construction isn't exactly like in a Pfalz or a Spad... :yes:

Nicely done....looks beautiful.

"Now, lets see some real flying."

These recent photos of me playing with the Kaiser's new plane over Jasta 10's field should solidify that the boys of OBD Software are committed to you and making your WWI experience unforgettable.

We don't need any more proof of that, it been ably demonstrated from the first release.

Beautiful machine though, looking forward to that patch

Fresh lick of pain and looking good.

BTW I had to make a correction to OvS's post, this will be in a future Add-on (payware) not a free "patch."

You're doing this on purpose aren't you? :cray:

:yikes: .......plop .... faint.

Wake up with big smile ...... Very nice model and skin guys. I think your the first to show how well the stained wing color really worked as camouflage and makes since, nice job.

OvS, maybe you could make the plywood panels on the wing have a little more definition? Also don't know if they used rib tapes on the stab, around that time of the war they left the stitching exposed mostly. Otherwise excellent.

How about a skin like in my signature? Do not know how historical its been painted, but very interesting scheme.

Payware ..... Hummmm, when?

Cheers,

WF2

Edited by Womenfly2

Better dress warm, young pilots of the Entente - soon we'll come after you with a razor blade!

OvS, maybe you could make the plywood panels on the wing have a little more definition? Also don't know if they used rib tapes on the stab, around that time of the war they left the stitching exposed mostly. Otherwise excellent.

How about a skin like in my signature? Do not know how historical its been painted, but very interesting scheme.

The panels lines are there, but I did not want to highlight them too much. I matched them to several models from the pros. I only have 1 DSA profile that looks like it's a checkerboard of wood, but it looks funky, and makes the wing look like it's made of metal. I wasn't sure about the tape either... so I went with it. We'll have to verify it as well. I figured it was there based on the D.VIIF having it as well.

That skin will be done. It's the snake head. I don't know who flew it, but it's an MFJ colored crate. I have a B/W photo of it that has it sitting in a hangar with the lower access panel open for maintenance.

Again, this is still a work in proccess. I have to recheck the wing camo patterns and some other areas that I suspect may or maynot be correct. :good:

OvS

BTW I had to make a correction to OvS's post, this will be in a future Add-on (payware) not a free "patch."

I would preorder if i could. I'm just hoping for a multi-plane download. :ok:

Heh, considering the effort you folks have put in on our behalf I'll take that as a Freudian slip. :biggrin:

Edited by Dej

I would preorder if i could. I'm just hoping for a multi-plane download. :ok:

Aren't we all!!

Lol Dej, yeah although I'm still fixing things it's one of the most pleasurable craft to make, so not sure where the pain is from, guess I must tell the mistress not to increase the tension on the nipple clamps at that moment eh ;) ?

Lol Dej, yeah although I'm still fixing things it's one of the most pleasurable craft to make, so not sure where the pain is from, guess I must tell the mistress not to increase the tension on the nipple clamps at that moment eh ;) ?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're killing me!!!

This flying razor looks lovely! :good:

Flying razors and nipple clamps - who says we don't have fun between heaven and hell!

Somehow "Flying Nipple Clamp" doesn't sound as convincing as "Flying Razor" as a fighter plane's nickname. :biggrin:

A question to the devs: on a Nieuport - Spad XIII scale, how would you rate the strength of that single upper wing of the E.V in OFF? Are hard manoeuvres simply out of the question when flying the Razor?

WomenFly2 reported recently, that Fokker first had problems with breaking wings.

I think it was due to rain water getting into the structure (?)

But then he re-worked it all again, and he made photographs, where his workers sit on the wing -

the whole wing carrying lots of men, sitting crammed!

No need to be afraid - that fighter WILL perform any turn. And it might be the Nemesis of the Sopwith

craft, when we fly it - rooooaaaarrrgh!