Sign in to follow this  
Womenfly2

This is just plain cool!

Light effects are looking good. For the landscape I prefer BHaH (except for the water surfaces).

Cockpit interior pretty detailed and fine. How much video and processor power does it "eat"?

I'm sure, some of us will get it too, sooner or later; I would, if I had explored all of BHaH, and when

they offered enough aircraft.

Now please post a BHaH video in the ROF Forum too - then there wouldn't be any reason for trouble, I hope.

It is not about posting one sim in another sim, its just a video. Plus Rubu has added lots of BH&H videos and comment in most of the other forum, as I have too.

WF2

Now please post a BHaH video in the ROF Forum too - then there wouldn't be any reason for trouble, I hope.

Yes, I agree. It's been brought to my attention, via some PM's and during a MP session that really, although it's nice to hear about RoF, and see videos, that truthfully, this is not the forum for it.

This is the Primary OFF:BHaH forum, and it should remain that. It's not really an over-all WWI sim site. Combat Ace offers other forums you can post this on, as well as The Aerodrome and SimHQ. Those are all a better place for videos of RoF. As many gaming forums I have been on, none of the dedicated forums allow postings of other games that directly compete with them, so there is no reason why would should be any different.

Please respect that we as OBD do appreciate seeing a new WWI sim, and are excited about it, but this is our dedicated forum to our fans to find help, info, MP schedules, friends and all that based on OFF:BHAH.

I wonder if the dedicated RoF forum would accept OFF fans posting videos of BHaH on their forum. After reading many of the responses several of you have recieved just from mentioning it, I highly doubt it will go over well at all. So what's good for one, is good for the other. Plugging other sims on the dedicated OFF site really is not respectful to us as an OFF Community and OBD Software.

Please stop posting video links to RoF on this forum, and please understand the reasons I am requesting that it stop. If we want to read or hear, or see what is going on with it, we can gladly head over to the RoF site and check it out.

Thanks,

OvS

This thread will be closed later today, as it will be the last one I will accept on our form. All future video postings of RoF will be deleted. Please respect why I am asking this of you. Thanks.

Dammit WF2! I was bound and determined I was going to wait to see if they dropped the "you know what" before ordering and then you come up with this. :angry: Decisions, decisions. Nice video. You may have sealed the deal for me. What is in the NA release as far as aircraft are concerned? You know?

CJ

KIA .... boys.

WF2

Thanks, WF2. Nothing personal, but I've read enough PM's and such that have asked me to 'do something' to limit the posts about any other WWI sim than OFF on the OFF forum.

Just trying to keep the balance.

All the best,

OvS

best fathers day present ive gotten so far....

wont hide the fact i preordered,,just always thout this was not the place...

It is not about posting one sim in another sim, its just a video. Plus Rubu has added lots of BH&H videos and comment in most of the other forum, as I have too.

WF2

Uhh.. actually, that isn't quite true. I have brought up BHH in comments about ROF on their SimHQ forum when it seemed relevant to compare things that OFF excels at over ROF and that I think ROF needs to include, or improve upon. I don't just post videos and screen shots with announcements about OFF out of the blue on other forums.. haven't done any thing like that for over a year, as far as I can remember. And I really haven't seen you make any positive comments about OFF on their forums.

The video you posted here is gone, so not sure what one it was, but if it's the latest I saw on their forum by MaskedGamer, I have to say that yes, it's remarkable looking except that they still haven't fixed the very strange twisting rivers with little dead ends and odd lakes. And the AI in those three videos and earlier ones being shot at just don't seem to take any evasive action. I brought this up about a month ago when some other videos were posted there and was told that the player had the AI planes set up for target practice. I just think it's strange that again, they seem very docile and just keep flying relitavely straight, or in the same weak evasive manuvers.

Not much else to say until I get the game in my own hands as all is specualtion so far, but yes, most of it is gorgeous... however, I sure wouldn't uninstall OFF for ROF any time soon.

Also, not sure what your comment means, KIA (killed in action)? We always enjoy most of your posts and you always seem to find fascinating historial information, along with your personal flying experience, so I hope you stick around OFF as well as ROF.

Cheers,

We always enjoy most of your posts and you always seem to find fascinating historial information, along with your personal flying experience, so I hope you stick around OFF as well as ROF.

Cheers,

Ditto! Well said.

OvS

Girls - they run around in a mini skirt, and then they wonder, why all the boys are staring.

Devs - my humble advice: make this lady a test pilot for future versions!

Then she will probably post her excitement elsewhere too.

Also, not sure what your comment means, KIA (killed in action)?

I think she means she deleted the video, thus "killing" it.

I started a thread at this site about something I saw in those videos also (before WF2 video post). I did not start that thread here in the OFF section because well.... it's not directly dealing with OFF in any way. I think no one has replied to that thread and it only has a few views, it's not a sub forum a lot of people visit. I definately could have got more feed back starting that thread here, but being it was an observation only about the RoF videos and not a comparison between RoF and BHaH I felt it belonged in a different sub forum. But now I will make that comparison. For those who have viewed the new videos of RoF who do you think got it right (or mostly right) concerning the way a shot down aircraft impacts the ground, RoF or BHaH?

Well, it looks great, but we already knew that. It's difficult to make any firm judgements about the quality of the AI and the flight models, but it did thorw up a couple of questions. On the evidence of the (now deleted) video, the AI seemed to make precious little attempt to take evasive action, I was also a little surprised by the SPADs ability to turn inside the DVII, I've no idea if this was just novice AI, or linked to issues concerning flight modelling, but I wouldn't want to get stuck in a turning doghfight with a DVII in a SPAD. In fact, I wouldn't want to get into a turning dogfight in a SPAD fullstop. Anyway, unless they plan to drop the online requirement and release it with more than two flyable aircraft, I'm still going to say no to this one; no matter how great it looks.