Sign in to follow this  
crl848

James May flies the U2

There was a good programme on BBC4 last night featuring James May interviewing some moon walkers and doing a flight in a U2. Available for a week on iplayer:

Main programme:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lf...ay_on_the_Moon/

Supplement on the U2 flight preparation etc.:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lc..._Edge_of_Space/

lucky bugger, he got a flight in a Eurofighter as well

Yeah, I'm surprised they let him with that long hair - difficult to put the space suit on.

Watched it lastnight, very good program. I didnt know the U2 had so many MFD's ?

Btw he doesnt fly it (to me that means he's the pilot) he just gets a ride in it.

Edited by Hokum

Just sat and watched it and to be honest even now the old Dragon Lady still cuts the mustard after all these years.

As to the moon landings we should have kept going... as there would be nothing more special than being able to go into Space to set foot on other soil away from earth.

As May says at the end :- If we can all view the Earth from this view point just once in our lives it would change politics forever...

Very profound statement and as I have only been to 40000ft I would say possibly very true...

great program that - James Mays done some great BBC progs on technology over the years

I watched the whole episide last night on BFBS. All of the interviews with the astronauts and footage that I've never seen, plus the U-2 flight. All of it very well done. I miss shows like this in the US.