Sign in to follow this  

I'm trying to model this very basic harbour layout.

Created a few simple boxes and added edit mesh and uvw map modifiers. Painted on a conc3.bmp material.

Exported without Decals.

I have it in the game but somehow it is treated as an alpha object? Because you can see objects behind it. What am I doing wrong here, newbie with 3dsmax but this should be easy :dntknw:

th_img00024.jpg

th_img00033.jpg

first of all, assure that the mapping is done with the unwrap method and not by adding texture directly forom 3d studio max.second, check the texture to be about 1024x1024 or 2048 x 2048 pixels, and having all the pieces inside(unwrap separately)perhaps u can choose some items that need more detail and map them fully in profiles, and put the rest in an area with flat texture.third but also important is to have the harbour's game file created with the used texture inside, and load it from there to the 3d studio max...some problems also appear with bad ini script, if the game does not find the right path to assign the texture to your object.

Thanks Aleks, I think I got it. Played with the UV tiling options in the Material editor, magically it showed up solid in the game. :blink: I'll experiment more and do some reading on this.

speeking of harbor i got this dock never tested it but it should work ok

if you want it pm me

Edited by cocas

Is this statement in your Types.ini entry:

FlatObject=TRUE

You'll need to be carefull with such things, expecially around shorelines. If you look at the docks in Pearl Harbor (and more importantly, the citiylist ini), you'll find the area has been flattened in the TE via HasAirbase=TRUE. This may need to be done to make sure the docks are flat against the water/air interface ( ooh...that sounded pretty cool!!)

wrench

kevin stein