Sign in to follow this  
davew

Odd Problem with Brain32's GermanyCE Repaint

I was looking for a good terrain mod for SF2:Europe and downloaded Brain32's GermanyCE Repaint from here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6192

It includes a version of CA_Stary's Forest & Farms mod and that seems to be causing some odd graphical rendering problems on my machine (core2 quad Q6600, 4gb RAM, Vista 32, Radeon HD 3870 X2 w. Catalyst 9.6). Basically what seems to be happening is that the trees are being drawn transparently with respect to the background, but not with respect to each other and other 3D terrain objects. So when part or all of a tree is in front of another object, the object behind disappears. The screenshot explains it better than I can :-)

Kind regards

Dave

post-49858-1245674979_thumb.jpg

strange...try with the below attached data.ini

I use that one but I didn't play much lately...so I might have missed it

That definately seems to have fixed the problem- many thanks, and this is a great mod for SF2E!

Kind regards

Dave

That definately seems to have fixed the problem- many thanks, and this is a great mod for SF2E!

Just noticed something else interesting, which may or may not be to do with the mod.

post-49858-1245681390_thumb.jpg

Not only are some of the clouds drawn in front of the trees, but in some cases some trees and buildings in the background are drawn over the top of some foreground trees. This is with the updated INI file by the way.

Kind regards

Dave

Actually this doesn't necessarily appear to be a problem with the mod. In fact, this effect can be seen with just the stock terrain and sky, no mods.

Kind regards

Dave

Yeah the game has some clipping issues among other stuff...