Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Your family rig

Supreme Commander Michelle's Flag ship.

Edited by MAKO69

lol, a 2006 Nissan Sentra is our family rig.

Here's my Voodoo Ride...

gallery_6_1_340262.jpg

gallery_6_1_9893.jpg

Nice Charger! There's a right way to do one, and a wrong way. Your's is definetly right.

Here are some pics of my "family rig" killing some cones:

05-03-09pic03.jpg

05-03-09pic05.jpg

05-30-09pic01.jpg

Edited by MiG Master

I have no family, so no family car.

c02.jpg

carhome.jpg

Here are some pics of my "family rig" killing some cones:

Those could have been guests at her wedding.

For me a 2008 Toyota 4Runner and a 2004 BMW 325Ci

My 2003 4Runner is running great, almost have 50k miles on it and other than some scratches/nicks in the paint and that gritty wear on the windshield it still works like the day I got it.

i have a fleet!

When we all pile in and go somewhere I use a Suburban (lowest cost per seat/mile)

otherwise, we use the smallest car to get the task done. I commute in a Subaru.

sadly, nothing exotic........

Here's my Voodoo Ride...

Damn ! I was lucky enough to rent a Charger R/T for a week, when my crappy Malibu LTZ got dinged and loved that car for its sheer Detroit muscle. This thing is a whole different beast. Really looks cool, no make that mean. :clapping::good:

I have no family, so no family car.

'74 corvette? My dad had a 72, wrecked it in '86, and bought a '06 brand new.

'74 corvette? My dad had a 72, wrecked it in '86, and bought a '06 brand new.

Yep, '74. The giveaway is the split bumper cover on the rear. Only year that used that.

Well I drive a Honda Accord, not fancy but gets good gas mileage. My family is just me and the wife so I have no family car yet. But my Dad still commutes in his 1988 Caprice Classic Station wagon. I wish they still made em, I guess when the kids start coming I'll have to get a stinky SUV or mini van. Oh well.

I wish they still made em, I guess when the kids start coming I'll have to get a stinky SUV or mini van. Oh well.

I used to drive a Durango for that reason......and bought the Charger because there was plenty of room for the kids.....and it goes fast...

Can you imagine that I bought a V8, and improved my fuel costs?

DSCN0058.JPG

The Venture is my wifes. Its the CAV, Commissary Assault Vehicle.

That Silverado is mine.

I am getting far too sensible in my old age...

This was one of the rig's lesser moments....

Okay, this is my Dad's rig, but since I have my permit....

post-26481-1245891936_thumb.jpg

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

In the background is our family vehicle, an '08 Nissan Rogue. Great fuel mileage, CVT transmission, but it's an automatic, and I hate driving it.

In front of it is my very own beloved XL350R. So light, quick, affordable and fun that I'm suprised it's legal at all. (yes, I know it needs new fork seals. I have the parts and the tools, I just need the time...)

post-28461-1245898564_thumb.jpg

FC, 1972 Mustang, correct? Nice!

Here's mine. 2003 Jeep Rubicon. It has just shy of 40K miles and it's completely paid for. This was after a late season snow storm in March. Can't wait to get home and pull the top and doors.

Rubicon.jpg

Edited by ST0RM

We have a V70 similar to this. It's the obvious choice, with a wife, two kids and a love of camping (and cycling)...

VolvoV70.jpg

FC, 1972 Mustang, correct? Nice!

Actually, a 1971 with the 351C engine. If you've seen the James Bond movie Diamonds are Forever, you've seen it in action (not my particular car obviously...but the exact same options and paint job).

Got it when I was 17, gave it to my uncle when I was 36 (kids ya know). Gives him a retirement hobby to continue the restoration on it...I get it back when he's done. How awesome is that.

I miss it sometimes...though I don't miss being drenched in automotive gunk up to my armpits. I keep wishing someone would total my current car so I'd have to buy a new Mustang GT and mod it.

FC

The reversal of the wheelie is quite funny to cover up their continuity mistake in DaF, actually. It's amazing comparing Vegas then with now, too.

I keep wishing someone would total my current car so I'd have to buy a new Mustang GT and mod it. FC

I was thinkin of getting a plate holder that said: Mustang Hunting.....back in 60 seconds.

I was thinkin of getting a plate holder that said: Mustang Hunting.....back in 60 seconds.

Yea, yea, laugh it up, fuzzball! :biggrin:

Actually, for all the grief Mustang has gotten over the years, it's lasted longer than any of it's contemporaries. Ford did a good job remembering that the car was originally designed as an affordable, sporty car. In more recent times, they kept the car through minor changes, keeping it's generally sporty nature, but not letting the bleeding edge racer boys define the car, causing the cost of making it and the cost of buying one to spiral out of sight.

In the end, while it's domestic competitors all died and are only now coming back to the stage, it stayed the same...affordable, reliable (relative to the other domestics) and moddable.

In a few years, I'll get a nice used GT convertible, put the NACA hood on it, maybe a Paxton underhood supercharger, paint it up like my Mach 1, and have my mid-life crisis...in a car far more drivable and reliable than my '71 Mach.

FC