Sign in to follow this  
Kashim019

We have the B-1 and B-52...

It just seems weird that nobody seems to want to do a B-2.

Well,I'm not much of a modder, but maybe someone could take up the task?

I mean,a stealth bomber would be cool,right?

Not for me, I don't really like the bigger aircraft and I also prefer the true 'analogue' SF era!

It is simply a matter of what the modders are:

A) Interested in

B) Have the time to build

Any other consideration (including what other people want) are unimportant.

FC

I did see a screenshot of a pretty good looking B-2 in development, but thats was some time ago. Weither or not its still going, i have no idea.

Yes, it is still in development

wrench

kevin stein

Yes, it is still in development

wrench

kevin stein

Marcelo was making one with a nice cockpit but it had a bug (i think with the bombbay) and last I heard it was canceled. Might be another one out there

Marcelo was making one with a nice cockpit but it had a bug (i think with the bombbay) and last I heard it was canceled. Might be another one out there

thats the only one i know of

Be nice to see a B-2...but give it time no rush :drag:

Quite honestly I find stealth bombers boring to fly, dont get me wrong the ODS F-117 Cockroach is a great model but, they're almost untouchable. The Spirit probably more so, hardly any threats where's the fun in that ? (Just my opinion).

Quite honestly I find stealth bombers boring to fly, dont get me wrong the ODS F-117 Cockroach is a great model but, they're almost untouchable. The Spirit probably more so, hardly any threats where's the fun in that ? (Just my opinion).

I basically agree. In reading about the B-2 I learned that the missions have to be carefully planned so that the aircraft always presents its best aspect (lowest RCS) to known enemy radars at any given time. That really can't be simulated in our sims currently, so you would just wind up with an aircraft that was nearly invulnerable.

i've fixed the bombbay problem...he said maybe in a future, but i don't think it will be near those cockpit screens that i show you were an early devlopment, but those didn't had any gauge, juts the MFDs that were going crazy(radars everywhere).

but it seems it doesn't work on SF2, it crashes when i try to play with, maybe a problem with 3D model.

in a conversation we had some months ago he said maybe in a future but who knows wich future is that ,specially when he wants to do everything alone. :blink:

specially when he wants to do everything alone. :blink:

That's too bad. Teamwork is the key.

That's too bad. Teamwork is the key.

RGR that :good:

I remember when MPS released their updated version of F-19 Stealth Fighter, F-117 Stealth Fighter 2.0, which gave you the chance to fly the "real" Lockheed F-117 with 2 bays, no gun, radar, AAMs, or AB, and uber stealth. Compared to the "MPS" version with 4 bays and all that other stuff it was boring. The enemy NEVER saw you, all you could do was drop LGBs and go home... I went right back to the less stealthy but more entertaining fictional variant.

Yeah, wasn't that a good one?

"Project Stealth," it was called, IIRC.

It even had AIM-9's, and the little guage that told if you were radar impervious. When you opened the bays too close to a

"pulsing" radar, all hell broke loose as your meter maxxed!

Of course the "you against the world" aspect got a little old, but overall, that was the best stealth sim evar!

:biggrin:

Flying the B-2/F-117 in Jane's ATF/NATO Fighters was pretty boring too. If i Remeber correctly you could load the 117 with 2 winders in that one, still not very fun.

Pretty sure in the first Microprose Stealth one, you took off from a carrier too.

Just got a bit of friendly advice for ya there punchy....

Take it easy on the "why isnt this here" type questions sparky-They are grating when people pour so much effort,time and braincells into these models,skins etc..Only to give it all away for nada...dude ya just gotta say Thanks and be a bit more humble when you make requests/comments.Or even just word stuff a bit better y'know...

ps-I know because I made a similar mistake... :grandpa:

I know the first was called F-19 Stealth Fighter on the PC, I think it might have had a different name on other platforms. Yeah, "threading the needle" around radar detection circles, trying to evade the fighter patrol... The limited war was the best of the 3 ROEs (along with Cold War "don't shoot anything" and All-out War "kill em all") as you'd sneak to your target, blow it up, then bolt and try and hide while the hornet's nest you stirred up behind you tried to find you...

The carrier ops was fictional, but it was fun. In fact, it was one of the most fun flight sims I ever had. I spent more time on F-19 in the 4 or so years I played it than I have on Falcon 4 in the decade since it came out! I only stopped playing F-19 because it got so dated and sims like Falcon 3 and the Aces series eclipsed it.

I think the only modern bomber I ever enjoyed flying was the B-1...dropping all those Mk82s on an airbase and leveling it just rocks! I've flown a lot of the WWII bombers over the years, though, including a lot of time in MPS' old B-17 (not B-17 II in 2000 which I never got).