Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

68 years ago

found in an old footlocker, they developed the film, and lo and behold, some pics of pearl harbor.

Im amazed at the quality.

post-31664-1245826498_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826507_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826515_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826530_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826538_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826548_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826556_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826570_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826580_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826587_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826592_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826601_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826609_thumb.jpg

post-31664-1245826616_thumb.jpg

Awesome stuff. Something every American should see.

Interesting. Snopes.com is claiming that the story of the pictures taken by a single person isn't true and that most of the pictures (not all) were already available in the archives for quite some time. However, whether that being true or not does not take away the importance of these pictures.

yeah, I was wondering how that sailor was in so many places, but then brownies didnt insert time and date onto the negative, lol, so it still is possible. I was wondering about the "gauge or dial" in the bottomright corner of one of them. Cant figure that one out yet.

yeah, I was wondering how that sailor was in so many places, but then brownies didnt insert time and date onto the negative, lol, so it still is possible. I was wondering about the "gauge or dial" in the bottomright corner of one of them. Cant figure that one out yet.

I would say its a watch. The hands are a pinup girl's legs. Very nice, man had taste

Yes, but there's no camera in the world that will let you get a clear picture of a watch right in front of the camera and a distant vista in focus at the same time. The pictures were obviously not all taken by the same camera.

However, they are astonishingly clear and provide an important narrative.

Good God!!

(rolls eyes)

you've been had by an internet hoax.

Those pictures were all published in a book several decades ago and updated a few years ago

"At Dawn We Slept"

its a direct copyright theft repackaged as an internet hoax.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/At-Dawn-W...e/9780140157345

I read the original version and saw those pictures more than 40 years ago as kid.

:grandpa:

Meh, whatever. I was more interested in the photos themselves than where they came from actually. Personal experience with 35mm film has taught me that a roll usually goes bad after 5 years or so, resulting in photos that would resemble an acid trip.

Now quit poppin my ballons, typhoid, I aint got many left! :P

Meh, whatever. I was more interested in the photos themselves than where they came from actually.

I'm certainly good with that! Great photos that I've had rolling on my desktop (for the last decade).

Personal experience with 35mm film has taught me that a roll usually goes bad after 5 years or so, resulting in photos that would resemble an acid trip.

yep. They are so good because they are copied from a book.

Now quit poppin my ballons, typhoid, I aint got many left! :P

I'll try..........

:biggrin:

Edited by Typhoid