Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Mig-23 cockpit series almost finished (with working Mig-23HUD)

Very nice! Yes, it needs to be refined like the SU-7 cockpit so that the radar only occupies the top part and is barely visible like the SU-7.

Okay, I added the below entries to both the cockpit.ini and separately to the avionics.ini and I still get the same huge radar image that you have above. I am getting nowhere.

The radar image needs to be much smaller and like in the SU-17 below:

mig-23mldFinal.jpg

[HUDradar]

Type=RADAR_SCOPE

NodeName=Mira

ImageSize=0.0625

[moveMiraY]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=Mira

MovementType=POSITION_Y

Set[01].Position=-0.1

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-0.1

Set[02].Value=1.0

remImageSize=0.0625

ImageSize=0.0125

[MoveMiraZ]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=MiraPadre01

MovementType=POSITION_Z

Set[01].Position=0.16

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=0.16

Set[02].Value=1.0

remImageSize=0.0625

ImageSize=0.0125

Edited by ordway

Looking forward to this with great anticipation. Keep up the good work !

Looking forward to this with great anticipation. Keep up the good work !

Here's a July 15 update on the Mig-23M cockpit.

Almost everthing has been changed as per two Mig-23M color photos I have.

mig-23mfinaljuly16.jpg

I'll be glad shooting down eagles-phantoms-tornados & other with them!!!!!

YEAH!!! good job and a big thanks Ordway!!!

I'll be glad shooting down eagles-phantoms-tornados & other with them!!!!!

YEAH!!! good job and a big thanks Ordway!!!

Please make them compatible with SF-1 series.

Would love to fly the floggers in WoI and WoE

Okay, I just uploaded the Mig-23M cockpit for SFP1 series. I am so exhausted from it that I have only made it compataible for the SFP1 series.

The Mig-23M was the first mass production Mig-23 series and reportedly had a radar nearly equal to the F4J's (when it was working).

It was supposedly the first Soviet BVR fighter. The Mig-23 reported getting kills according to some books including a possible F-16 (which was not BVR rated at the time) as well as a Mirage F-1 and possibly an F-4 or two.

Enjoy!

Edited by ordway

Okay, I just uploaded the Mig-23M cockpit for SFP1 series. I am so exhausted from it that I have only made it compataible for the SFP1 series.

Are there side effects when used in SF2?

Thanks a lot Ordway, and if i'm allowed to, do you have the MiG-23BN/MiG-27 in the works too?

Thanks a lot Ordway, and if i'm allowed to, do you have the MiG-23BN/MiG-27 in the works too?

I think yes. It might take awhile.

Are there side effects when used in SF2?

I do not know. However, there is a lot of strange graphics to make the Mig-23 HUD work. So, I do not know.

I do not know. However, there is a lot of strange graphics to make the Mig-23 HUD work. So, I do not know.

I guess I'll skip this one first.

I added some more objects in the new version 1.1 to make the Mig-23M cockpit closer to photos:

1. Added the round threat indicator to the left panel.

2. Deleted the dome shaped threat panel to the right panel.

3. Added two panel warning rows to the right panel.

4. Deleted the massive warning panel to the right side panel and added a photorealistic panel instead.

mig-23mpanel.jpg

This will be uploaded today I hope.

Edited by ordway

The Mig-23M was the first mass production Mig-23 series and reportedly had a radar nearly equal to the F4J's (when it was working).

It was supposedly the first Soviet BVR fighter. The Mig-23 reported getting kills according to some books including a possible F-16 (which was not BVR rated at the time) as well as a Mirage F-1 and possibly an F-4 or two.

Enjoy!

Thank you Sir! :good:

Can it be used with WoI too?

I put the mod in the MiG-23M WoE folder but still couldn't pick the AC in Mission.

Edited by Miracles

Thank you Sir! :good:

Can it be used with WoI too?

I put the mod in the MiG-23M WoE folder but still couldn't pick the AC in Mission.

Hi, did you first download the Mig-23 series from

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5211

Then you can add the cockpit into that Mig-23M and it should work. Its in the readme, I believe.

Maybe, I should just make it easier and include everything in the folder.

I just uploaded a newer enhanced Mig-23ML (later version) cockpit which is by far more accurate than my previously uploaded version according to photos (as I became more skilled). Below are the two for comparison. Thanks also to Armourdave, Sal, Starfighter2 and lindr2.

Mig-23ML Download link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8938

Mig-23M (Older version cockpit): Note the differences: The later version has only one dial on the upper deck instead of two of the earlier Mig-23M, a very different gunsight (with a huge instrument panel on it for the later version), different radar displays and some other placement differences.

mig-23mpanel.jpg

Mig-23M download link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=9475

Mig-23ML (Newer version cockpit):

MLFinal.jpg

...and the very dark cockpit color from a color photo of a Mig-23ML:

mig-23mldkgreen.jpg

Edited by ordway

Mig-23MS cockpit almost ready. The Mig-23 was the USSR's "most capable tactical fighter during the height of the cold war" according to a Jane's recognition guide.*

The Mig-23MS export version saw heavy Arab-Israeli combat in the middle east and had combat with USN F-14s near Libya. It was a downgraded export version with a Mig-21 RP-22SM 'Jay Bird' radar in a smaller radome, and the IRST was removed. It reportedly had a radar scope on the dash like the Mig-21 series. This variant had no BVR capability.

It was extremely fast at low level, had outstanding acceleration and a superb climb rate. It reportedly shot down some F-4s and perhaps an F-16 according to some Russian and some other sources.

mig-23msblue.jpg

* Jane's Vintage Aircraft Recognition Guide by Tony Holmes, 2005.

Edited by ordway

Looks like it's coming along VERY nicely!

I have to say that I'm really looking for to your MF and MLD cockpits (provided ofourse that ypu're planning on doing them)

Edited by Atreides

I have to say that I'm really looking for to your MF and MLD cockpits (provided ofourse that ypu're planning on doing them)

Yes, I think the MLD will be next. It has its own very special and specific HUD that Starfighter2 built for it....different than for all the others. Boy, this Mig-23 series cockpits seems to have more dedicated variations then the beach has sand!

Mig-23MF export version cockpit and the Mig-23MLD cockpit are almost finished. This Mig-23MF export version saw combat in the middle east with Syria and reportedly had some F-4 and F-16 kills. It was a much improved export version after the previous MS version.

Added are features to make it more "developing worldish" including red labeling tape, lots of dust and simplified features. It fired radar-guided missiles and so was a BVR threat with the AA-7 Apex missiles.

Mig-23MDDesertStraightletters.jpg

The Mig-23MLD cockpit is also almost finished. It was the the ultimate and final production updated Mig-23 version. It has a unique gunsight and HUD compared to the previous versions.

Mig-23MLDwriting.jpg

Edited by ordway

Mig-23P air defense version almost finished. It had the enemies' information data linked to its HUD. It had no ground attack capability, but enhanced radar.

The MiG-23P was the most numerous PVO interceptor in the 1980s

mig-23pbigradarletters.jpg

Edited by ordway

The worst thing of all the MiG-23 modding is the fact that you can actually put the radar on the hud and it will work, but the damn thing simply refuses transparent textures for radar screen...arrrrgh

But nevertheless, Ordway, your efforts are most appriciated and I must say you are doing one hel1 of a good job here :good:

The worst thing of all the MiG-23 modding is the fact that you can actually put the radar on the hud and it will work, but the damn thing simply refuses transparent textures for radar screen...arrrrgh

But nevertheless, Ordway, your efforts are most appriciated and I must say you are doing one hel1 of a good job here :good:

Yes, if anyone can make that radar transparent on the screen, let me know.

I can. And I will :smile:

• Like 2