Sign in to follow this  
Peeppu

Test your knowledge and experience WWI pilots!

Hey guys!...Do you think I might get question 5 correct? (about the only one I would!..lol)

Maybe it's a Salamander, huh? Nah, you should know. If not don't admit it.

Maybe it's a Salamander, huh? Nah, you should know. If not don't admit it.

I only got 9 correct! (not telling you which ones though!) :no:

I only got 9 correct! (not telling you which ones though!) :no:

I only missed two of them. :biggrin:

Got 16 out of 20, can't believe I mistook the DIII for a DV :doh: God knows I've had enough of them filling my kite with holes over the last 2 months :biggrin:

11 correct. :blush:

16/20... I thought it was a Bristol Fighter... !! :dntknw:

Well as someone who flirts with WW1 flying... didnt think I did bad with 13...!!!

It wasn't that I only got nine cos I don't know...just that you lot are lying..and the questions were fixed! :smile:

I got 14, but the Zeppelin answers are wrong based on the questions.

18/20 and i agree with Mr. Lucky concerning Zeppelin question.

14 correct. I should had read more carefully all the text :).

18/20 and i agree with Mr. Lucky concerning Zeppelin question.

Same here... I really didn't understand what they were looking for... jeeze...now we're starting to sound like college kids. :biggrin:

16 - happy with that, given I did it in about 90 seconds.

17, would have been 18 but for a mouse glitch :huh:

2 wrong - I thought that the CC interuptor gear pre-dated Fokker's mechanical version - and as to who declared war on both Germany AND Serbia, I didn't have a clue!

19/20

#11 mixed me up, I should have read it closer, probably wouldn't have got it anyways. I was kinda shocked I got the zeppelin, I totally guessed at it.

Hmmm - now you all may think, I'm the René Fonck of this quiz - all 20 right! Tattaaa! Tattaaa! Tatttaaaaa!!!

Edit: I better add, that the "Bulldog" and that monoplane was guesswork. I'm never that good, when it's about winning money!

Edited by Olham

How did you do that? Ah, well, I see: you are a Test pilot! So you must be good with tests! :biggrin:

14 for me - should have been 15, I gave one wrong answer by sloppy mouse work. Dang drop downs.

CW

Hmmm - now you all may think, I'm the René Fonck of this quiz - all 20 right! Tattaaa! Tattaaa! Tatttaaaaa!!!

Edit: I better add, that the "Bulldog" and that monoplane was guesswork. I'm never that good, when it's about winning money!

Hey Olham..Not fair looking up the answers! Just kidding :yahoo:

Well done, Olham. I missed #11 and #12. I'll give them #11 but I disagree with their version of 12. Early on the rotary's power-to-weight ratio is what made them so attractive on the scouts. When the craft is already underpowered why add the weight of a closed oil circulating system and a cooling system? Later Fokker used rotaries because he was (politically) frozen out of the inlines being Dutch, in favor of the German Albatros Flugzeugwerk. And I believe the castor oil shortages didn't become a problem until later in the war, well after the Halberstadts and Albatrosses had established themselves. Besides, I don't believe the Allies suffered the same lack of castor oil and yet they built several very good inline fighters. Or are all those pictures of SPAD's and SE5's photoshopped?

**edit**

I guessed at the Bristol, but it was an "educated" guess. It was a monoplane and I saw the "M" designation and figured.....

Also, am I mistaken or did the engine pictured in question 10 look more like a Clerget than a LeRhone?

Edited by von Baur