Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Other favourite Mods

Just thought I would post up some other mods I play (or am waiting for)

http://www.xww2.com/

I love the BF1942 one..but cannot wait for the Battlefield 2 version!..looks great!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-1918

Some 1st person WW1 trench warfare!! (again, for BF1942)

And for Half Life...a bit of six shooter action from the Wild West!..yeah!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fistful-of-frags...eta-26-released

FreeFalcon 5 mod for Falcon. It's really good and now you can fly many different aircraft. I switch between that and OFF from one spectrum to the other.

Also, Napoleonic Wars II modded Roman War .

Would like to try the battlefield mods you mentioned but don't have battlefield yet. Does the 1918 mod have single player capability?

Just thought I would post up some other mods I play (or am waiting for)

http://www.xww2.com/

I love the BF1942 one..but cannot wait for the Battlefield 2 version!..looks great!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-1918

Some 1st person WW1 trench warfare!! (again, for BF1942)

And for Half Life...a bit of six shooter action from the Wild West!..yeah!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fistful-of-frags...eta-26-released

Great post Widow! I give the guys that made the 1918 Mod for BF1942 a lot of credit. I played it, and for something a mundane as trench warfare, it was very good. I'm interestd in the Wild West mod for Half-Life 2. That graphic engine is superb!

But for me the best WWII game has to be Brother's In Arms: Highway to Hell. Very realistic... however not a mod. BF1942 is really great on a modern PC... you can jack-up all the AI to it's highest level and have 400 v 400 for total mayhem! :good:

I take it you chaps are talking about first person shooters? Something i've never really tried.

But the other day I went round my daughters and my son in law has got one of these Wll

(pronounced Wee ) things that you hook up to the telly and play the golf swing or tennis or whatever?

Well, this time he had a plastic sub machine gun thing and was shooting all sorts of baddies in the telly, lobbing grenades. medal of honour or something like that.

It seemed positively dangerous in there, so I went to the kitchen for a coffee. :biggrin:

Where is this technology going ?

Mr Lucky..Yes, they have bots to fight against in Single player.... Absolutely love the Napoleonic addon for RTW too..classic!

OVS..have to agree with you 100% re:- BIA-HH....probably (in fact no) Definately the Best WW2 shooter I have ever played!...the cinematics alone were just unbelievable!!

Fortiesboy... yes, the technology is moving at light speed!..I am sure that true 'Virtual reality' is merely a decade or two in the future

FreeFalcon 5 mod for Falcon. It's really good and now you can fly many different aircraft. I switch between that and OFF from one spectrum to the other.

Also, Napoleonic Wars II modded Roman War .

Would like to try the battlefield mods you mentioned but don't have battlefield yet. Does the 1918 mod have single player capability?

Mr Lucky or UKW,

Could either of you please post the link to the RTW Napoleon II mod.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

OVS..have to agree with you 100% re:- BIA-HH....probably (in fact no) Definately the Best WW2 shooter I have ever played!...the cinematics alone were just unbelievable!!

Have either of you played Call of Duty World at War? Beautifully rendered and they did a great job of re-creating the japanese tactics against the marines. I must also say that the flame thrower effects were the best I've seen in any game.

Hellshade

Have either of you played Call of Duty World at War? Beautifully rendered and they did a great job of re-creating the japanese tactics against the marines. I must also say that the flame thrower effects were the best I've seen in any game.

Hellshade

Hi Hellshade... Yes, I have played it...but it feels like the other squad members are just scenery...and it's rather bland (IMHO) of course!

Multiplayer is much better than in BIAHH though...and the Zombie levels are great fun...and like you say..the flamethrower is superb!

:good:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hellshade

Yes, I completed it. It was a strange scenario for me as my Grandfather was a Higgins driver at the invasion of Pelielu...so being there in an FPS in the actual boat was bizarre. I was there in person(at Peleliu and Palau) for my Honeymoon. My wife and I dive, so we splurged. It was awesome! I made it far enough into the island to see the airfield and see all the wreckage.

If you guys want, I'll post some pics. I just have to find them.

As far as the game, it was OK. It looked awesome and was VERY stressful, but I felt it was all shooting and no tactics... none at all, not even possible at the speed the game attacks you.

Yes, I completed it. It was a strange scenario for me as my Grandfather was a Higgins driver at the invasion of Pelielu...so being there in an FPS in the actual boat was bizarre. I was there in person(at Peleliu and Palau) for my Honeymoon. My wife and I dive, so we splurged. It was awesome! I made it far enough into the island to see the airfield and see all the wreckage.

If you guys want, I'll post some pics. I just have to find them.

As far as the game, it was OK. It looked awesome and was VERY stressful, but I felt it was all shooting and no tactics... none at all, not even possible at the speed the game attacks you.

Yes please..dig them out for us OvS :good: