Sign in to follow this  
column5

Michael Jackson... Dead

......and 3 kids that no longer have a father. One of the first songs I danced with my wife Sheila was a Michael Jackson song. Loved all his music.

......and 3 kids that no longer have a father. One of the first songs I danced with my wife Sheila was a Michael Jackson song. Loved all his music.

When I lived in Virginia Beach in 82-84, we used to carry our boom boxes on the school bus and his music was a staple.

When I lived in Virginia Beach in 82-84, we used to carry our boom boxes on the school bus and his music was a staple.

I dont think there wasnt a kid who didnt do that. We used to the same when we were overseas in Turkey in 1983 to 1985.

What do you expect from who was black and suddent turns white, than turns his nose in sandra's bullock's one....

J/K, but he was a silly man with exentrical hobbies O.o

well, whatever, i hope he finally have his needed rest.

I always thought that was weird too, but i just did some reading, and it turns out that in the late 80's he was diagnosed with Lupus and some weird skin disorder that screw up the pigmentation of your skin. Looks like he bleached his skin to cover it up. Apparently he was also anorexic and had a very skewed view of how people saw him. Dunno what cause that but there could be many reasons. I feel a bit sorrow for him now.

ok, i'll comment seriously now...

what happened is damn bad, i'm really sad about it...

i didn't born in his gold age, i've borned in 90s but i lived all my chillhood listening and watching old MJ Tapes, K7s and CDs... and i'll say one thing... sorry, i don't want be racist or something like that, but he was only good when he was black, ''bad'' wasn't bad at all, but...wtf? From Black or White to Invencible....i knew the ''old michael'' would never come back again, he was dead, and all things of his personal life that was appearing in the media, such as weird behave , and his radical body changes...in the beggining i couldn't understand but from 4 years to here i knew the king of pop was dead and would never came back again, the ''thing'' that was living wasn't Michael.

Rest in peace Michael!

We´ve lost one of the greatest artists ever...

just beat it!

It's Michael Jackson day here in Stan/Eval. We're going through the various music listings playing MJ music all day.

A real pioneer of the genre, a real character to say the least, and it's very sad to see him gone. RIP

RIP MJ

I heard LAPD is going to open an investigation as there was "evidence of crime" :blink: I can´t say

that MJ dead was unexpectable, given his known health issues, but i would bet there is no crime

Billie Jean, one of the best songs ever.

I'm going to go with "Don't stop til you get enough".

I love the disco influence in it.

Just been reading the online news to see if there where any developments into how he died. Apparently he had been addicted to pain killers over the past few months. I forgot what it was called, but its a substitute to morphine. My mum said this morning that she can remember the death of Elvis and how hard it hit the world. She said its going to be the same for me come 30 years time.

RIP

Anyone hear about Jeff Goldblum, this morning rumors where going around that he had died too, but turns out it was all just a joke. Why people would want to make these jokes, i dont know.

Edited by scouserlad13

I'm going to go with "Don't stop til you get enough".

I love the disco influence in it.

That single was released, and became a hit during the Spring time of 1979. Although some may find it hard to believe, MJ was attempting to cultivate a 'bad boy" image at the time, possibly to offset the negative press surrounding alleged hormone injections to maintain his singing voice. I recall one memorable pic in a tabloid (or, it may even have been Playboy Magazine), of MJ flipping the finger to somebody in the audience during a performance that year.

Honestly, I was affected more by Ed McMahon's death than this. Quite simply Ed did more with his life in the past 15 years than MJ did. It's too bad for his kids (which he should never have had), but frankly he's been nothing more than another washed-up C-list celeb in the 21st century. He almost could be one of those "Oh, I thought he was dead already" people for all the positive things he's done.

I own Thriller and listen to it regularly, but really I only listen to songs from Bad on occasion and nothing after that was worth even hearing once.

Well for someone who was washed up, his 50 show stint in London which would of started in Janurary was sold out. Estimates is that he would of made $400 million. Did he go through rough times? Yes, but who doesn't? He will leave a lasting legacy for many many years.

I know that his dead is a tragedy, as any other, and that his influence is historic for music, but i can´t stand the hysteria for his dead, while people wouldn´t care so much about the 4300 US troop killed in Iraq. I know that world is unfair, but this morning i just learn that a friend of mine died tonight, 5 days after he crashed his car, leaving him unable from neck downwards. He was 20 years old, he played all song from Bruce Springsteen better than the original, and he didn´t even appear on the university web. So i won´t care so more about Michael Jackson than any other, no matter the popularity he achieved.

I swear to God is it so difficult to stick to remembering the positive things about him?

C5,

Yes, actually.

Remember, his major influences on music were made some time ago. The last decade, most stories about him are about the downsides. Kind of hard to get over that stuff.

FC

I guess we will have to lock this then after all.