Sign in to follow this  
JayJay

Campaign Available Ingame

Need some help please. I need to know if the campaign that is in retail game is in fact Ross's Storm Engine.

Thank you. :)

Hey Jay Jay

The dynamic campaign originaly planned for Lockon was dropped quite some time before release and the campaign that ships with the game is a scripted campaign. Last i heard, Ross MacGregor was still working on his Ares/Storm dynamic campaign engine so there is hope that it will eventually become a reality.

He is working on it in some sort of understanding with Ubi/Eagle Dynamics allthough i'm not sure of the nature or extend of the collabaration. ASIK it will, when its done, be a pay-for addon to pay for his time and Ross has hinted that it won't be expensive.

OK I just chekked the UBI campaign board and found a pretty recent update from Ross:

posted 29/12/2003 06:07 

I guess it's time for a little update. I am working right now on a proper campaign for the Storm engine. The previous campaign was only useful for testing the basic features of the engine.

I must admit, even with the features that the Storm Engine provides, building a campaign is a lot of work.

I have decided this campaign will closely resemble what I created with the WarRoom campaign for Flanker. This means a campaign for fighters and strike aircraft at the moment.

I selected two cities, Sevastopol and Kerch, to play each side in the battle. From each city I am selecting objectives for strike aircraft, including power plants, factories, petroleum depots, storage facilities, communications, radar, access points, and targets of opportunity.

Once this is complete, I can set up defenses to protect these assets and then strike missions to take them out.

So over the next few days, I will be working out the details of just how I will make this campaign work and what features are missing.

Original thread

I will try to follow his progress and post on it when there is any developments

Thank you for reply.

The actual ingame scripted campaign was made by Ross?

Thank you for reply.

The actual ingame scripted campaign was made by Ross?

I don't think so but i can't say for certain.